Your choice...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Jeans became a "standard" during my hippie days. And shortly after the brand made all the difference to people!
My kids would refuse to wear Walmart jeans as soon as they hit school age. It became a "thing' to have the brand name on them and I had them save their allowance to afford these trendy choices.

What are your choices in jeans? How has it changed over the years?
From bell bottoms to skinny jeans, and brand names vs. off brand, share your jean stories!

ripped-jeans-are-so-trendy-womenwholovewine-pretty-much-the-only-3186651.png

I too remember school days where name brand was the "in" thing.
I never cared, was just happy to have them, whatever the tag said.
I liked and still like boot cut jeans and carpenter jeans. Carpenter jeans cuz they got more pockets and a loop for hatchet when I go camping :)

was never into all the brand name stuff too much. just stayed with levi's, the others come and go, levi's live forever.....lol..... aint about to buy jeans that already have tears and holes in them, thats why i'm buying them to begin with, to replace those that are worn out.... usually go for boot cut and like Ragnar said. have my fair share of carpenter jeans too.... and if you are a guy and are wearing "skinny" jeans, im gonna laugh at you...:D

Like Ragnar, as a youngster I never gave it a thought what the brand was, but they would have been from either Sears or Montgomery Ward. This long predated designer jeans, so no one was label conscious.

As a young man, I always preferred Lee brand jeans over Levi's and Wrangler. The way they were cut fit my body shape better, and were more comfortable in critical areas. They also tended to be true to size and had minimal shrinkage.

The best deal going in jeans are the house brand sold at Rural King. (Rural King is a farm supply store with stores in the South and Midwest.) They are very basic, but the come in a wide range of sizes, both waist and length, and are true to size. They sell for $9.99 and have a lifetime warranty.

The one pair of jeans I wish I'd bought were counterfeit Levi's I saw in a market in Korea. They even had a counterfeit Levi's label, but were obviously cheap knockoffs. We'd been forewarned about bringing in counterfeit goods, however, the Customs people are on the lookout for them. Didn't seem worth a possible fine to have a fake pair of jeans that I would have bought as a joke, not to wear.

I've gone from bell bottoms back in the day to it better have stretch to them now. lol I was never one to care about a label. Comfort and the fit has always been a primary focus! My only problem with bells was tripping over the dang things. If I wore them now I'd be in a hospital with broken bones...lol

I never cared about labels either, it was more about comfort. For awhile, in my late teens, jeans were like a uniform. You would throw on a pair with a T-shirt or pullover and you were good to go! I don't have any interesting stories, though.

I was never allowed to wear jeans to elementary, junior high, or high school (Mom rules). We finally compromised and I was allowed to wear them on Fridays from 10th grade on. If memory serves the rules were relaxed a bit during 12th grade. I always like the fabric thickness on Wranglers, not too thick and stiff, but thick enough to last a long time.

I am pretty much the same. I never cared about the brands, except for the shoes i wore in high school. They weren't anything special either just comfortable and held up. I was never one to care what people thought about anything i wore. I wore what i want when i want...and I completely agree about the skinny jean thing Paul lol.

When I was a teen over here it was levi's boot cut or nothing. They were nearly black when you bought them and stiff as a board. After a while they molded to your legs and faded, that was when you were cool because it showed dedication, lol. We wore them that tight following Bon from AC/DC that it's a wonder any of us fathered children later, lol.

I would have loved to have the expensive labels but that didn't happen in our budget household. My allowance was like 50 cents a week and not going to cover expensive jeans. I did however purchase a pair or two with babysitting money. We got jobs asap at home. Now I could care less about it. Back in school I wore dresses, so it didn't matter much.