Your choice...

Anybody ever use Rit Color Remover to fade those new bluer-than-blue new jeans? Once you got the process down, it worked really well. Much easier on the denim than bleach.
Never heard of it. I just wash wash wash wash wash the crap outta them until they “submit” to my desired shade of blue. Lol.

Anybody ever use Rit Color Remover to fade those new bluer-than-blue new jeans? Once you got the process down, it worked really well. Much easier on the denim than bleach.
Yes! It worked great! You had to kind of watch how long you had it in that stuff so it didn't go too far, and rinse it well.

Yes! It worked great! You had to kind of watch how long you had it in that stuff so it didn't go too far, and rinse it well.
Yep, that was part of understanding the process. You'd know if you didn't rinse them well enough when you washed them after removing them from the vat/tub you soaked them in. I remember my Mom's reaction when she looked in the washer and the spinner/agitator was tinted blue.

If you hosed them down before washing them, that didn't happen. Of course we had blue tinted grass under the clothes line where we hosed them.

When I was kid jean fashion trends were changing from the bell bottoms of the 70's to the slim, tight jeans of the 80's. No one called them "skinny jeans" back then but that's what they were. I absolutely hated wearing jeans back then because they were too tight and not the least bit comfortable. I tried getting a pair that was a size or two too big but that wasn't any better. The legs had a nicer fit but I had to bunch the waistunder a belt. I actually wore slacks up until junior high because they let me bend my knees and sit down without wondering if the buttons were going to pop. It wasn't until the trends started changing again to the baggy pants look going into the 90's when I started wearing jeans. I often wondered if this had anything to do with other kids wearing too large pants because they also hated tight jeans.

I tried Lee and Wrangler but ultimately settled on Levi's 501 straight leg jeans because I liked the button fly. In the late 90's I tried a designer brand called Bugle Boy's. They felt softer and lightweight than other jeans but that came at a price. Three days after getting them I rubbed against the corner of a table and somehow snagged the leg on something which ripped about a 4 inch gash in the probably not actual denim. I once snagged my Levi's on a nail sticking out of a fence post and they ripped the nail right out of the wood. These Bugle Boys were worthless for any real use.

For nearly 20 years I bought myself a new pair of 501's for my birthday, one pair a year. Because these jeans last I would have 5 or 6 good pair of jeans at any given time. For about the past 5 years I've switched to buying jeans from a brand called 5.11. They don't have a button fly but the pockets are huge! The classic 5th pocket is big enough to hold both my Leatherman multi-tool and Spyderco folding knife at the same time side by side. They also have 2 additional pockets, for a total 7 pockets but they aren't cargo pants so the extra pockets are not on the legs.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm
When I was kid jean fashion trends were changing from the bell bottoms of the 70's to the slim, tight jeans of the 80's. No one called them "skinny jeans" back then but that's what they were. I absolutely hated wearing jeans back then because they were too tight and not the least bit comfortable. I tried getting a pair that was a size or two too big but that wasn't any better. The legs had a nicer fit but I had to bunch the waistunder a belt. I actually wore slacks up until junior high because they let me bend my knees and sit down without wondering if the buttons were going to pop. It wasn't until the trends started changing again to the baggy pants look going into the 90's when I started wearing jeans. I often wondered if this had anything to do with other kids wearing too large pants because they also hated tight jeans.

I tried Lee and Wrangler but ultimately settled on Levi's 501 straight leg jeans because I liked the button fly. In the late 90's I tried a designer brand called Bugle Boy's. They felt softer and lightweight than other jeans but that came at a price. Three days after getting them I rubbed against the corner of a table and somehow snagged the leg on something which ripped about a 4 inch gash in the probably not actual denim. I once snagged my Levi's on a nail sticking out of a fence post and they ripped the nail right out of the wood. These Bugle Boys were worthless for any real use.

For nearly 20 years I bought myself a new pair of 501's for my birthday, one pair a year. Because these jeans last I would have 5 or 6 good pair of jeans at any given time. For about the past 5 years I've switched to buying jeans from a brand called 5.11. They don't have a button fly but the pockets are huge! The classic 5th pocket is big enough to hold both my Leatherman multi-tool and Spyderco folding knife at the same time side by side. They also have 2 additional pockets, for a total 7 pockets but they aren't cargo pants so the extra pockets are not on the legs.
Face it, Steve....those are guy Purse Pants. ;bg3

• Big Grin
Reactions: garnetsilver
Face it, Steve....those are guy Purse Pants. ;bg3
True, but Steve obviously knows article 3 of the man law rulebook. noticed how he added there that its for his multi tool and folder knife?, (and the 5.11 brand name.) that was slid in for all the other guys to not report a man-card possible revocation to the bureau high table.... "any cargo pants, man bag or similar wear must be accompanied by the carrying of at least one weapon and one utility tool at all times when worn"....
sorry guys but "man buns" and "skinny jeans" are still a no-go though...
if you have a challenge coin, jump wings, Budweiser or any other "flair", extra consideration will be taken before a full revoking of your card/membership

True, but Steve obviously knows article 3 of the man law rulebook. noticed how he added there that its for his multi tool and folder knife?, (and the 5.11 brand name.) that was slid in for all the other guys to not report a man-card possible revocation to the bureau high table.... "any cargo pants, man bag or similar wear must be accompanied by the carrying of at least one weapon and one utility tool at all times when worn"....
sorry guys but "man buns" and "skinny jeans" are still a no-go though...
if you have a challenge coin, jump wings, Budweiser or any other "flair", extra consideration will be taken before a full revoking of your card/membership
It is a bit weird to me that cargo pants have this reputation as being un-manly. I spent four years in the US Army wearing BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform) which signified that I was a tool of professionalism and lethality. Looking at that uniform, specifically the trousers; those were cargo pants!
Those extra pockets signify that I have recognized the need to be prepared for whatever life throws at me in a moment’s notice without having to go find whatever tool I need. And isn't that the true goal of every Real Man: to become a kind, compassionate wall of well informed, well prepared strength, power and muscle.

So go ahead and laugh at my "purse pants" and cargo shorts. They just mean I'm ready.

Reactions: Paulm