You got me all wrong!

Oz, I need to send you the primer on women, obviously. Sigh....
Thanks Debi I probably need it. I have learnt never to mention weight again or anything related to it lol. I didn't think it was bad until I had two daughters that gave me a lecture on it, lol.

I am an antique dealer and attend lots of estate sales here in Southern California. These are usually held in private homes, some in very upscale neighborhoods. This is a competitive business and those who are first in line at these sales often get the best items. As a result, dealers often arrive at these sales very early and wait for hours before the sale opens. Some even arrive the night before and sleep in their cars.

This sometimes causes neighbors to call the police and more than once I have had to explain to cops why I am in a car in front of a multi-million dollar house at 4am. Even worse -- sometimes the address for the sale hasn't even been posted yet but I've figured out where it is from clues in the sale listing. So, I can't even show the cops the sale listing with the address to prove my reason for being there.

This just happened last weekend. I was first at a sale at 4:30 am and the address wouldn't be posted online until 6am. I spent half an hour talking to two police officers. They liked me but they needed proof of what I was saying. Fortunately, after about half an hour of questioning, a friend of mine (who also figured out where the sale was) pulled up and confirmed that he was there for the sale. The cops were satisfied and left.

In the future, I will take precautions to prevent this scenario. :)