You Ever Been Caught Red-Handed?

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Oh, this brings to mind a favorite story. I was caring for my two great nephews for a few days who were about 8 and 10 at the time. They were horrible food sneaks! And of course, they would deny they had taken something.
I had a glass cookie jar which would "clang" no matter how hard you tried to take off the lid or put it back on. The boys were at one end of the house and I was on the other side of it with the kitchen in the middle. Before bedtime, I loaded chocolate chip cookies into that jar. That night I heard a slight "ting" and went flying out of the bed and caught them with their hands literally in the cookie jar.

The two defiant little guys looked at me squarely and said, "Just testing you" as crumbs dripped out of their mouths.

I have a funny one. My 2nd daughter was about 4 or 5. Caught her and a friends son (same age) in his bedroom closet with their shirts off :O Poor JC, he grabbed his shirt and ran as fast as he could. He hiding in the woods for hours cuz he thought I was angry with him. I wasn't angry with either of them. Kids will be kids ;)

When I was nearing the end of my basic training in the army, a bunch of us started complaining about how we weren't allowed to have snack foods in our barracks. The drill sergeants called it 'Hoagie Bait,' I'm not sure why! So one day we had some free time and decided to come up with a plan to hide the goodies we had bought at the PX store.

I came up with the brilliant idea of lifting a ceiling tile and hiding a sack of everyone's goodies up in the ceiling. It worked for awhile, until the day someone sounded the alarm; surprise inspection! So, thinking I had time, I grabbed a chair, slid the tile over and was trying to shove a paper bag full of junk food into the opening when the drill sergeant cleared his throat. He had sneaked up the back stairs and caught me, red handed. I had to scrub the entire shower room with a toothbrush!

A few months after 9/11, I was transferred to a new program in a different building on the air base. This building was located squarely in what was known as "downtown," a very busy, concentrated area known for its lack of parking. It was about a mile from my previous building.

After meeting my new boss and getting read in, I asked if it would be OK to move into my new digs over the weekend to avoid parking issues. No problem he assured me as the cipher lock combination I was given me would allow me to enter the facility 24/7. He even offered to detail a young 2Lt to help, but I declined.

The following Saturday as I was carrying boxes into my new program office, someone yelled, "Put the boxes down and put your hands against the wall." As I was putting down the boxes, out of the corner of my eye I saw two young security police officers with pistols drawn. After they frisked me, they started yelling questions....who I was, what I was doing, what was in the boxes, etc.

Within a minute the security forces duty NCO came in and immediately ordered the two airmen to holster their weapons. Before I could say anything, one of the airmen told him they had "caught" me going into a secure facility with suspicious packages.

Long story story short, things got sorted out quickly with the adult supervision of the NCO. He sent them on their way, then apologized for the overzealous of his young officers. I wanted to file an IG complaint, but my new 0-6 boss asked me to let it drop due to everyone still having 9/11 nerves.

When I was nearing the end of my basic training in the army, a bunch of us started complaining about how we weren't allowed to have snack foods in our barracks. The drill sergeants called it 'Hoagie Bait,' I'm not sure why! So one day we had some free time and decided to come up with a plan to hide the goodies we had bought at the PX store.

I came up with the brilliant idea of lifting a ceiling tile and hiding a sack of everyone's goodies up in the ceiling. It worked for awhile, until the day someone sounded the alarm; surprise inspection! So, thinking I had time, I grabbed a chair, slid the tile over and was trying to shove a paper bag full of junk food into the opening when the drill sergeant cleared his throat. He had sneaked up the back stairs and caught me, red handed. I had to scrub the entire shower room with a toothbrush!
The DI probably said "pogey bait."

We were helping train some soldiers and we had setup an ambush for this 1 group. It was night and all was quite and we hear them coming and just as everyone was in place and ready to go my 1 team member let out what to this day was the loudest fart I ever heard! Blew our cover,but we were all laughing so hard no one cared.
As for me personally I still remain un caught! For I am Shinobi...lol!

A few months after 9/11, I was transferred to a new program in a different building on the air base. This building was located squarely in what was known as "downtown," a very busy, concentrated area known for its lack of parking. It was about a mile from my previous building.

After meeting my new boss and getting read in, I asked if it would be OK to move into my new digs over the weekend to avoid parking issues. No problem he assured me as the cipher lock combination I was given me would allow me to enter the facility 24/7. He even offered to detail a young 2Lt to help, but I declined.

The following Saturday as I was carrying boxes into my new program office, someone yelled, "Put the boxes down and put your hands against the wall." As I was putting down the boxes, out of the corner of my eye I saw two young security police officers with pistols drawn. After they frisked me, they started yelling questions....who I was, what I was doing, what was in the boxes, etc.

Within a minute the security forces duty NCO came in and immediately ordered the two airmen to holster their weapons. Before I could say anything, one of the airmen told him they had "caught me" going into a secure facility with suspicious packages.

Long story story short, things got sorted out quickly with the adult supervision of the NCO. He sent them on their way, then apologized for the overzealous of his young officers. I wanted to file an IG complaint, but my new 0-6 boss asked me to let it drop due to everyone still having 9/11 nerves.

By chance were they Airforce? I've had more than 1 tense moment with those guys.

By chance were they Airforce? I've had more than 1 tense moment with those guys.
Yes, USAF security police. The USAF has two types of police, law enforcement and security forces. The thought of giving firearms to 18-19 year old kids with 9 weeks of security forces tech school was always a bit disconcerting.