Will you allow Tech to run your home?

Eh

...OnStar's listening in your car....lol....be very careful...
yes i know, and they slipped one time when i was with my dad and came on talking out of nowhere! he freaked out and i didn't know what to do i was in the backseat yelling STFU HELLO TURN THIS OFF
it wasn't pretty lol

51769724_1897399037035605_4014561216390234112_n.jpg

Why do you keep bringing her around here! When you have fifty deliveries of canned peaches because of you talking in your sleep, delivered to your door. Then you will know the pure evil!

Reactions: Donna K.
I'll never use any tech to control anything or use any connected device other than PC, phone, tablet etc but no apps to control as much as a TV.

I work in IT as many of you will know and I value both privacy and security so no Internet of Things, Alexa and I've ditched all social media too.

I'll never use any tech to control anything or use any connected device other than PC, phone, tablet etc but no apps to control as much as a TV.

I work in IT as many of you will know and I value both privacy and security so no Internet of Things, Alexa and I've ditched all social media too.

I wish I could ditch all social media, but actually once your on facebook, you cant really delete your page, you can suspend it but not actually delete it....plus with the world what it is now, especially in the arts, without social media you are way behind, networking with others is almost a must in this day and age....at least to keep up or stay "out there"......sigh....too bad its not like it used to be.

I wish I could ditch all social media, but actually once your on facebook, you cant really delete your page, you can suspend it but not actually delete it....plus with the world what it is now, especially in the arts, without social media you are way behind, networking with others is almost a must in this day and age....at least to keep up or stay "out there"......sigh....too bad its not like it used to be.

You can actually delete your Facebook account instructions here;

Fed up? How to delete or deactivate your Facebook account | ZDNet

To keep in touch with friends and family I use voice phone and email, for me social media isn't required for networking but that may not be the case for other folks. It might take a while to lose the habit but I have no regrets about getting rid of Facebook and that ilk.

You can actually delete your Facebook account instructions here;

Fed up? How to delete or deactivate your Facebook account | ZDNet

To keep in touch with friends and family I use voice phone and email, for me social media isn't required for networking but that may not be the case for other folks. It might take a while to lose the habit but I have no regrets about getting rid of Facebook and that ilk.

for friends and family I also use the phone....facebook is only used for pic storage, but I do have a facebook "business" type page and an instagram page (also owned by facebook I think, lol)....networking with other artists is almost a necessity though and that is through facebook or other venues of social media.....without networking or working with others in the field you become stagnant, so for different skills or just to keep up with the times its almost required now days....unless you have time to attend workshops or group showings often......social media just makes it easier.

for friends and family I also use the phone....facebook is only used for pic storage, but I do have a facebook "business" type page and an instagram page (also owned by facebook I think, lol)....networking with other artists is almost a necessity though and that is through facebook or other venues of social media.....without networking or working with others in the field you become stagnant, so for different skills or just to keep up with the times its almost required now days....unless you have time to attend workshops or group showings often......social media just makes it easier.

I hear ya. MySpace used to be that way and Facebook will go the same way eventually and something new will come along collecting and selling your data.

I have a website that's just a pic gallery which I haven't updated for a while gotta dust of the camera and get out there again

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm
I hear ya. MySpace used to be that way and Facebook will go the same way eventually and something new will come along collecting and selling your data.

I have a website that's just a pic gallery which I haven't updated for a while gotta dust of the camera and get out there again
that's the sad thing is youre being tracked no matter what you do....whether it be by searching something on your phone or computer or whatever...even what videos you watch on youtube.....so I finally just gave in and said what the heck....its always been done, in the pre internet days you were tracked by magazine subscriptions and what not...now its just easier and faster...but still the same old story.

Reactions: Donna K. and TonyM