Why some people feel stuff...and others don't...?

Hi geo-paw !
I tend to believe that our perception of the paranormal is in many ways genetic. When I was a little boy I would know when people would die. I would have thought that would push to the forefront of consciousness "This is the last time I'm going to see Uncle so-and-so or Aunt someone " Luckily my mom was able to explain that this is normal in this family.
Follow up on you wanting to become a policeman. In a few days we are going to be the same age ! Along the way I have met and befriended quite a few cops and nurses. All of them have a knack for reading people and most of them are psychic in their own way.

I guess I'm relating this because I don't want you to feel all alone. And there are specific words for what you encountered. As for a concrete scientific explanation , man I gave up looking for that 30 years ago.
Welcome to the club.
Book recommendation - "Miracles " by Eric Metaxes. Hazarding a guess, you may stumble across a similar situation that you went through described in the book.

Welcome to the forum. Most of the regulars here have had experiences we can’t explain. It’s hard to give advice about your experience because not only is it personal to you , we don’t know what you saw or felt. I hope it was a positive experience. My condolences on the loss of your relative.

One of my favorite movies! I guess my abilities, as I like to call them, are being able to "read" places, like homes or situations. It really came in handy when we were house hunting! I also have an affinity with animals.

When you say you can smell bad guys, what exactly does that entail?
Hello, thanks for replying. I can smell bad guys, well, I guess any decent cop can do that. It just means that I can somehow feel it when people are up to no good. It probably has something to do with sensing bad and good hearts. Glad that you know the movie...it is kind of old. Maybe I should be heading for Wyoming...

Hi geo-paw !
I tend to believe that our perception of the paranormal is in many ways genetic. When I was a little boy I would know when people would die. I would have thought that would push to the forefront of consciousness "This is the last time I'm going to see Uncle so-and-so or Aunt someone " Luckily my mom was able to explain that this is normal in this family.
Follow up on you wanting to become a policeman. In a few days we are going to be the same age ! Along the way I have met and befriended quite a few cops and nurses. All of them have a knack for reading people and most of them are psychic in their own way.

I guess I'm relating this because I don't want you to feel all alone. And there are specific words for what you encountered. As for a concrete scientific explanation , man I gave up looking for that 30 years ago.
Welcome to the club.
Book recommendation - "Miracles " by Eric Metaxes. Hazarding a guess, you may stumble across a similar situation that you went through described in the book.
Hello, thanks for replying. I will definitely check out that book. As for the cop thing, I really wish cops would have more power to PREVENT bad things, to make their own judgement. They know who the bad guys are.

With regard to my specific 'experience', I really don't want to make it sound too mysterious, but it actually was. It transcends anything that could be explained by science, and I have developed this obsession now to find out why the heck I saw this. It is good to know that I am not alone, and that you guys are out there, on this forum.

Welcome to the forum. Most of the regulars here have had experiences we can’t explain. It’s hard to give advice about your experience because not only is it personal to you , we don’t know what you saw or felt. I hope it was a positive experience. My condolences on the loss of your relative.
Hello, thanks for replying. I have been reading through some of the posts here, and it is good to know that not only am I not the only one with a 'strange' experience, it also looks like people are being taken serious. Thinking about it, as of now, I would not know anybody whom I could share this with. I am glad I found this forum.

Hello, thanks for replying. I have been reading through some of the posts here, and it is good to know that not only am I not the only one with a 'strange' experience, it also looks like people are being taken serious. Thinking about it, as of now, I would not know anybody whom I could share this with. I am glad I found this forum.
We're glad you found us!

Thinking about it, as of now, I would not know anybody whom I could share this with. I am glad I found this forum.
You can understand people's doubt about anything paranormal, it's usually a you have to see it kind of subject. This is the only site to get some understanding, advice and feedback on this from genuine people.

Hi geo-paw !

Welcome to the club.

Hello, while looking for Eric Metaxes on YouTube, just by coincidence (or not) I stumbled upon a free movie that goes into the direction of my experience. It talks about the conscious dimension we live in, and the dimension that surrounds that, our, dimension, and that we cannot see. Quite fascinating.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
Greetings. I think that there are many more people that experience strange things than you hear about. The thing is that many of them are then afraid to tell or talk to people about it for fear of being thought crazy or a liar. Most of those of us that are here have gotten past that. What we have seen or experienced has changed the way we see the world. When the impossible or very unlikely or at the very least the unexplained pops into your life you lose the ability to pretend those strange things are all in people's imaginations or just tall tails. THEN you start to wonder about a lot of the things that in the past you had just set aside as impossible.

For some of us, the paranormal has become just the NORMAL.