Why some people feel stuff...and others don't...?

geo_paw

Reaction score
Hello group,

this is my very first post, ever, on any forum related to supernatural stuff. And I am 55 years of age. I guess I am kind of reluctant to talk about it, since in this world, everything is supposed to have a rational explanation. I work in IT, a binary world so to speak, where there is no room for doubt or interpretation.

Either way, for the last six years, I took care of my very old in-law. I lived in his house, 7x 24. He died a few months ago, he was almost 96, and I guess he just expired. The night before he died, he was staring at the ceiling, his eyes wide open, as if he was seeing extraordinary things. I guess that happens a lot. No idea what he saw, or what dying people see.

I was sleeping in the living room next to his bedroom, and I woke up when he died. There was no noise, it was the silence that woke me. I walked into his room, and I guess the feeling is different for everybody, but not for one microsecond did I have the feeling that he was still in the room. Something else was. I honestly do not believe anybody else has ever seen what I saw, and I am not even sure I am supposed to tell anybody about it. Maybe I never will, but I do feel like it happened so I do something with that experience. I haven't figured out what yet...

So I guess my question is (and I suppose everybody on this forum is here because he or she is at least interested in this 'irrational' stuff): do you believe that people who see and feel these 'paranormal' things are somehow tasked with 'translating' these experiences into something, useful maybe, that helps others ? Or more bluntly: do you think that you are a messenger of, something, somebody, because you are receptive to these things ?

I am sorry if this all sounds kind of blurry, but I have been rather restless ever since, trying to figure out why this might have happened.

Hello group,

this is my very first post, ever, on any forum related to supernatural stuff. And I am 55 years of age. I guess I am kind of reluctant to talk about it, since in this world, everything is supposed to have a rational explanation. I work in IT, a binary world so to speak, where there is no room for doubt or interpretation.

Either way, for the last six years, I took care of my very old in-law. I lived in his house, 7x 24. He died a few months ago, he was almost 96, and I guess he just expired. The night before he died, he was staring at the ceiling, his eyes wide open, as if he was seeing extraordinary things. I guess that happens a lot. No idea what he saw, or what dying people see.

I was sleeping in the living room next to his bedroom, and I woke up when he died. There was no noise, it was the silence that woke me. I walked into his room, and I guess the feeling is different for everybody, but not for one microsecond did I have the feeling that he was still in the room. Something else was. I honestly do not believe anybody else has ever seen what I saw, and I am not even sure I am supposed to tell anybody about it. Maybe I never will, but I do feel like it happened so I do something with that experience. I haven't figured out what yet...

So I guess my question is (and I suppose everybody on this forum is here because he or she is at least interested in this 'irrational' stuff): do you believe that people who see and feel these 'paranormal' things are somehow tasked with 'translating' these experiences into something, useful maybe, that helps others ? Or more bluntly: do you think that you are a messenger of, something, somebody, because you are receptive to these things ?

I am sorry if this all sounds kind of blurry, but I have been rather restless ever since, trying to figure out why this might have happened.
hi geopaw and welcome to the forums, what happens or causes any abilities to come forth can be different for many people, some are born with it and accept it and live life honing it ( or running from it)..some may awaken in a trauma type or stressful setting. some may be oneoff occurances that happen in the blink of an eye to then dissapear and everything returns to normal. as far as whether we are messengers or what not, some think so while others just let it be. depends i guess on the person and the ability. which is another thing to consider, many different abilities and types of psychic occurances. i think that if you just let go and accept "what is", and follow the universe you will be where you need to be at all times. this takes complete letting go of life and is not possile for most people who always want to be in total control. but enough of that, lol, welcome to the forum and im sure you will get many answers and different viewpoints on this question

Welcome geo, I really hope you saw an Angel that night, the most beautiful part of the paranormal, beyond that really.
Hello, thanks for replying. It was not an angel, that really WOULD have been nice. It was bigger, a lot bigger, and I don't mean physically bigger. That is the reason I am wondering what to do, and how to 'translate' that into something useful. I am thinking there must be a reason that I saw that....

Hello, geo! Welcome to these forums. I have had certain abilities all of my life, and for the longest I thought it was other people who were lacking in some way, because I assumed everyone was the same. However you interpret your experiences, I believe that certain people just have the ability to see or percieve things. What we do with it is up to us. Sometime we find that we can light the way for others, or just be of extra comfort. No one really knows why we are the way that we are!

Hello, thanks for replying. It was not an angel, that really WOULD have been nice. It was bigger, a lot bigger, and I don't mean physically bigger. That is the reason I am wondering what to do, and how to 'translate' that into something useful. I am thinking there must be a reason that I saw that....
Maybe you have been given a path to follow, your own or with the help of a religion ?

Hello, geo! Welcome to these forums. I have had certain abilities all of my life, and for the longest I thought it was other people who were lacking in some way, because I assumed everyone was the same. However you interpret your experiences, I believe that certain people just have the ability to see or percieve things. What we do with it is up to us. Sometime we find that we can light the way for others, or just be of extra comfort. No one really knows why we are the way that we are!
Hello, thanks for replying. I don't know how old you are, but maybe you remember the movie 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind', I really feel like the guy in that movie. I have not started building stuff in the living room yet, haha. But I guess you are right, what we do with our experiences is up to us. Just out of curiosity, what are your abilities ?

I am not sure if that is an ability, but I have a real good hunch for good and evil. I always wanted to become a cop, but they wouldn't let me...their argument was 'you do not want to enforce the law, you want to save the world'. So what ? I can smell bad guys...

Hello, thanks for replying. I don't know how old you are, but maybe you remember the movie 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind', I really feel like the guy in that movie. I have not started building stuff in the living room yet, haha. But I guess you are right, what we do with our experiences is up to us. Just out of curiosity, what are your abilities ?

I am not sure if that is an ability, but I have a real good hunch for good and evil. I always wanted to become a cop, but they wouldn't let me...their argument was 'you do not want to enforce the law, you want to save the world'. So what ? I can smell bad guys...
One of my favorite movies! I guess my abilities, as I like to call them, are being able to "read" places, like homes or situations. It really came in handy when we were house hunting! I also have an affinity with animals.

When you say you can smell bad guys, what exactly does that entail?

do you think that you are a messenger of, something, somebody, because you are receptive to these things ?
I believe that any messages received are intended to be personal. What you choose to do with the message is also entirely a personal choice. Free will and all. You can share, or not,any message, dream, etc., but there is not a mandate that someone has to do something with or try to change things because of it.

I believe we all have the ability to see/hear/ receive things that are considered to be paranormal/supernatural. Sometimes we are better able to receive certain things than others, and I don't believe the Creator handed out specific gifts, rather they are abilities. Science is coming much closer these days to understanding the hidden abilities humans have.