Who was the little old lady??

This was an interesting idea on this Oz. I see the possibility.

Yes, that's a very interesting thought and actually one I hadn't considered. Thanks for your input - much appreciated!

Reactions: Donna K.
Just out of curiosity, do you remember how the lady was dressed? Specifically, was she wearing clothing appropriate for the time at which the event occurred, or was she wearing dated clothing?

I cannot remember how she was dressed... Right until the point where she vanished, the whole thing seemed perfecty normal to me. I guess that means that nothing about her particularly stood out (except for the fact that, now I think about it, she did seem to appear by my side from nowhere...). I guess that means her clothes must have looked normal to me at the time... I mean I distinctly remember just thinking she was a run-of-the-mill little old lady...

Cool story. Maybe just a little old ghost?

That's definitely something I have considered, although she seemed very solid and real so I kind of discounted it... I'm not an expert on ghosts so I don't know how many of them appear as solid, flesh and blood people with whom you can interact... Interesting thoughts, though, from everyone. I still think I favour the angel angle (see what I did there :D)...

I've read of many encounters where such apparitions seemed solid.

I'm not saying I know who or what it was; it just seems similar to many other encounters I've heard about which were usually referred to as "ghosts."

I know a woman who told me about a time she lived in an old house and would see an elderly man from time to time in the house. His appearance was like any person but he'd just disappear after a few seconds. He wasn't threatening. She was amused and just thought he used to live there.

My impression is some ghosts can interact with the physical environment to greater or lesser degree.

Ah, ok. So it very well could have been a ghost... I suppose we'll never know (unless she appears to me again!)...

I think the other interesting thing about this, for me, is that I had quite a few strange encounters but they were all clumped together around the same time period. Most of the strange occurences happened to me whilst I was a student (from around the ages of 18 to 23 and then for a few years after that, but nothing since).

I know people will often put that down to drink and drugs but I have never taken anything in my life and was never a heavy drinker... I've always thought of myself as very grounded, so experiencing several inexplicable events in such a short period of time seems odd to me now... Any ideas on that would be gratefully received!

My strange experiences seemed to be clumped around certain periods of time too. I don't know why.

Hi and thank you so much for your responses!

Yes, I had considered that she might have been an angel and it seems the most likely explanation. I wasn't sure, though, as I'm not religious so I didn't really think an angel would be interested in me! I had, therefore, thought it might have been some other entity that was able to interact with people, but I couldn't imagine what that could be, or why...I think angel sounds the most plausible thing but just wanted to put my story out there to see what others thought.

Thanks again for the replies and it's nice to meet you!
Hey RoseRed,
I know you may not be very religious and you may not think an Angel (thus God) would be interested in you.....but PLEASE remember whether we realize it or not God is interested in and loves every single one of us, sinner or not. He wants nothing more than to have an absolute personal relationship with everyone! Sometimes it's little events like this that becomes a wake up call. What most people don't realize is that having a relationship with our God is so very simple and it is LIFE CHANGING!!!

Last edited:
Hey RoseRed,
I know you may not be very religious and you may not think an Angel (thus God) would be interested in you.....but PLEASE remember whether we realize it or not God is interested in and loves every one single one of us, sinner or not. He wants nothing more than to have an absolute personal relationship with everyone! Sometimes it's little events like this that becomes a wake up call. What most people don't realize is that having a relationship with our God is so very simple and it is LIFE CHANGING!!!

That's a really lovely message - thank you!

I did try to become a Christian once and it lasted for about 5 years. However, I could not find a church that was suitable for me. That sounds crazy, but I must have gone to at least 6 different ones. Each and every time, there was some reason why I couldn't attend services there.

One church randomly decided to close for 8 weeks over the summer as an "experiement" (what church does that??); another had only one other parishioner and was up a stupidly steep hill that you couldn't get to by car; I spoke with the vicar of another church but he just talked about himself for an hour and didn't even ask my name; another was full of elderly people with no one of my age (and only 6 of them anyway!) and there was another literally opposite where I work but the services took place at times when I couldn't get there because I was still at work! It sounds ridiculous, but I really did try to find a church to go to, but in the end I gave up and assumed that God didn't want me. You couldn't have made it up...

Anyway - thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my posts! Have a great evening!

Thanks for joining here and for your experience.
Maybe church is not your true path.

I have heard of similar cases where ghosts appear to help others in time of danger or need. The more you hear of these cases the more it makes sense. From the ones I read about they mostly seem to have died there themselves or was somewhere they were connected with in life.
It is quite possible the old lady got run over on the same crossing many years previous, and wanted to prevent it happening again.

Regarding what she was wearing I think they all tend to look 30 years out of date in their later years. It's just the nature of getting old, and some styles tend to stick around.