Who was the little old lady??

RoseRed

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum so I'd like to use this post to introduce myself!

I'm from the UK and I've had a number of baffling experiences over the years and, although I consider myself mostly a sceptic, I'm also totally fascinated by the paranormal. I'm very open to the possibility that we don't know everything there is to know in the Universe so... I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your paranormal experiences too!

One of mine happened about 20+ years ago. I was on a summer course in my early 20s and we were staying at a teacher training college. Our accomodation was on the other side of a very busy road. I was going from the college back to my room one day at around lunchtime and found the road extremely busy with traffic as it always was (it was the only route through the town and led to an extremely popular tourist destination).

As I was looking to my right, assessing the traffic, a little old lady appeared on my left. I remember thinking to myself "I'll have to help her across the road" and that it would be tricky with the constant traffic as far as the eye could see...

No sooner had I thought that, than she said, "Come on!" and stepped out into the road! My heart was in my mouth but, as I turned back to my right again, the road was suddenly completely clear. I stepped out after her and we crossed safely to the other side. I turned to my left again to thank her, but she wasn't there...

I have thought about this over the years and even gone onto Google Street View to refresh my memory of the road layout and where the accomodation blocks were. It confirmed what I already knew - there was nowhere for this lady to have gone. In one direction were three very large student accomodation blocks, none of which she went into, and in the other, a long stretch of pavement with no side streets or alleys...

Please can anyone help me to understand what happened, or suggest who or what this lady might have been?

Many thanks for reading and any suggestions/ideas would be gratefully received!

Hi RoseRed. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't explain the lady. Perhaps others have ideas.

Reactions: Donna K.
Hi RoseRed,

You might want to consider the Bible on this one...

Hebrews 13:2
"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it."

Hi RoseRed,

You might want to consider the Bible on this one...

Hebrews 13:2
"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it."
This was exactly the reference I was going to suggest ! It was an angel there to protect you.

Hi and thank you so much for your responses!

Yes, I had considered that she might have been an angel and it seems the most likely explanation. I wasn't sure, though, as I'm not religious so I didn't really think an angel would be interested in me! I had, therefore, thought it might have been some other entity that was able to interact with people, but I couldn't imagine what that could be, or why...I think angel sounds the most plausible thing but just wanted to put my story out there to see what others thought.

Thanks again for the replies and it's nice to meet you!

It may have been some sort of time warp or glitch,you were for a minute back in a quieter time with less traffic and the lady was from this time.When you were safely across you returned to now, leaving the lady behind in her time.I don't think you need to be religious for Angels to intervein though,I believe they come to guide us all even if it's at the end of our life.Welcome to the forum RoseRed.

It may have been some sort of time warp or glitch,you were for a minute back in a quieter time with less traffic and the lady was from this time.When you were safely across you returned to now, leaving the lady behind in her time.I don't think you need to be religious for Angels to intervein though,I believe they come to guide us all even if it's at the end of our life.Welcome to the forum RoseRed.
This was an interesting idea on this Oz. I see the possibility.

Hi and thank you so much for your responses!

Yes, I had considered that she might have been an angel and it seems the most likely explanation. I wasn't sure, though, as I'm not religious so I didn't really think an angel would be interested in me! I had, therefore, thought it might have been some other entity that was able to interact with people, but I couldn't imagine what that could be, or why...I think angel sounds the most plausible thing but just wanted to put my story out there to see what others thought.

Thanks again for the replies and it's nice to meet you!
Faith is a personal thing. I believe that we are all born with a guardian angel and guides. Sometimes these things happen to open our eyes to the spiritual. It may have served a duel purpose, protecting you in the moment and expanding your belief possibilities.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum so I'd like to use this post to introduce myself!

I'm from the UK and I've had a number of baffling experiences over the years and, although I consider myself mostly a sceptic, I'm also totally fascinated by the paranormal. I'm very open to the possibility that we don't know everything there is to know in the Universe so... I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your paranormal experiences too!

One of mine happened about 20+ years ago. I was on a summer course in my early 20s and we were staying at a teacher training college. Our accomodation was on the other side of a very busy road. I was going from the college back to my room one day at around lunchtime and found the road extremely busy with traffic as it always was (it was the only route through the town and led to an extremely popular tourist destination).

As I was looking to my right, assessing the traffic, a little old lady appeared on my left. I remember thinking to myself "I'll have to help her across the road" and that it would be tricky with the constant traffic as far as the eye could see...

No sooner had I thought that, than she said, "Come on!" and stepped out into the road! My heart was in my mouth but, as I turned back to my right again, the road was suddenly completely clear. I stepped out after her and we crossed safely to the other side. I turned to my left again to thank her, but she wasn't there...

I have thought about this over the years and even gone onto Google Street View to refresh my memory of the road layout and where the accomodation blocks were. It confirmed what I already knew - there was nowhere for this lady to have gone. In one direction were three very large student accomodation blocks, none of which she went into, and in the other, a long stretch of pavement with no side streets or alleys...

Please can anyone help me to understand what happened, or suggest who or what this lady might have been?

Many thanks for reading and any suggestions/ideas would be gratefully received!

Just out of curiosity, do you remember how the lady was dressed? Specifically, was she wearing clothing appropriate for the time at which the event occurred, or was she wearing dated clothing?

Just out of curiosity, do you remember how the lady was dressed? Specifically, was she wearing clothing appropriate for the time at which the event occurred, or was she wearing dated clothing?
Good question Duke.

Reactions: Donna K.