Who taught you to...

Dad taught me to drive, at a way too early age, on a '58 Plymouth. Three on the tree manual. I passed Driver's Ed in about ten minutes.
All the cars I drove when I first got my license were manuals. Fiat with a 4-speed, old Benz with another 3 on the tree. Only mom's Vista Cruiser was an automatic.
To this day I prefer manual transmissions. Current car has a six-speed MT, wife's car is automatic.
Three on the tree! Loved those things. Had an old truck with one that looked horrible but drove great! It had plywood on the floorboards to cover the rust...lol

A combination of driver's education in high school and my Dad. I remember using a primitive driving simulator, a dozen or so drivers' stations in a tractor trailer with a projector screen in front. Looked something like this.
nbzx12jom3v01.jpg

I took Driver's Ed but I don't think it was in the high school. I do remember my Dad taking me to an empty grocery store parking lot to practice driving.
And my Grandpa had a International Harvester tractor that kind of looked like the size of the one on Green Acres and at age 13 you could drive it on the road.
The tractor and driving golf carts probably gave me a little leg up.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
I wasn't in any rush to get my license and I didn't until I was 20. My brother wasn't in a rush himself because I think the very thought may have terrified the both of us but that's just something that was put to the side. He didn't get his until he was 19 when he started running a route himself.