When our dreams feel like warnings

Stevedog, you just reminded me of a similar incident regarding a car. First I have to go back and share a bit of how something in the past was used to warn me. One day I had been on a picnic with my friend and her fiancee. We were on our way back home and playing the car radio, singing along to "Born To Run," by Springsteen. That song became significant later on.

About three years later, my friend, who had married her fiance, lost him to cancer. Shortly after that, I had been dreaming that I was riding in the car with them again, and that same song was playing. But I kept hearing only one line, over and over; the one where he says "It's a death trap!" I woke, feeling uneasy.

I was on my way to work later that morning, listening to the radio when that Springsteen song started to play. And I swear, I heard my friend's voice tell me to pull over. I did, without thinking, and my tire went flat. If I hadn't pulled over, I would have been in an accident, since I was on a fairly busy road. So for one moment, my car had become a "death trap."

Reactions: Stevedog