What's Your Favorite Trek?

I know there are Trek fans on the site. What are your favorite incarnations of the series? Do you prefer the old content compared to the new stuff or vice versa? I have given the new content a real chance and feel it falls pretty flat, so i have found myself going back to the Next Gen Era and Original Series frequently. Sure the effects stink compared to new, but the stories were better. There is a plethora of novels and comics that count or not, depending on your stance on canon ( if that matters to you ). Perhaps you prefer the written/illustrated versions more than the filmed series. Maybe you prefer the Mirror Universe stories that offer an opposite take on the series. Perhaps you are a ship (vessel) junkie like me that loves to to see the progression of tech through the years. What are your favorites?
I’m kind of loyal to the first original cast. The next generation had some interesting stuff, but in my opinion, you just can’t be the original cast.

Enterprise, at least the first 2.5 seasons.
I enjoyed Enterprise for it's early depictions. The song..not so much, but it fit the premise. It's a shame they did not find their stride and the network killed the show. Would've loved to see the Romulan War stuff.

Reactions: Debi and Ragnar0711
Discovery
I think Lorca was the best character in the first season. Not sure i bought he was the Mirror Universe version, though. It overinflated what could have been a better look at the Klingon War. Discovery was never great at character arcs or allowing you to know any of the bridge crew well. He seemed to have more depth to him.

Reactions: Debi and Ragnar0711
I love the Original series and Next Generation, though Next Generation took me a bit to get into. I only saw the Original series as reruns so I was excited to see Next Generation when it first aired, I almost stopped watching partway through the first season but was definitely rewarded by sticking with it. I also enjoyed the cartoons based on the Original series but they definitely weren't up to par.

I started watching Deep Space Nine and was beginning to really like it but then I joined the Army and had no time, or even access most of the time, for TV shows. I've been considering rewatching now that streaming TV is a thing.

I never really liked Voyager. It had an interesting premise and there were some interesting characters, but I think the writers were too focused on using a lot of Trek jargon and tech to drive the story and forgot about the characters at times.

I did like Enterprise when it first began, but the way they tried to comment on current events seemed very ham fisted. Especially jarring was the whole Xindi plot line being an analog for 9/11 and the subsequent wars. Other Treks were able to reflect issues of their time in stories, but they didn't feel preachy or forced.

I've not watched any of the newer shows.

When i was pretty young it was unlike anything else. Battlestar and Star Wars did not have the same vibe.
You’re right, but Star Wars ended up being way bigger and some areas in my opinion, but on the same hand, Star Trek had things that Star Wars didn’t, and Battlestar Galactica, I was just trying to ride the coattails of Star Wars. In my opinion it was still cool though.