What's Your Favorite Trek?

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I know there are Trek fans on the site. What are your favorite incarnations of the series? Do you prefer the old content compared to the new stuff or vice versa? I have given the new content a real chance and feel it falls pretty flat, so i have found myself going back to the Next Gen Era and Original Series frequently. Sure the effects stink compared to new, but the stories were better. There is a plethora of novels and comics that count or not, depending on your stance on canon ( if that matters to you ). Perhaps you prefer the written/illustrated versions more than the filmed series. Maybe you prefer the Mirror Universe stories that offer an opposite take on the series. Perhaps you are a ship (vessel) junkie like me that loves to to see the progression of tech through the years. What are your favorites?

The ST Universe is Huge.....My Pop introduced me to it when I was a kid, ST original....
Then I discovered ST Books :D. Very detailed, explained a ton of stuff that the shows/movies didn't.
Ex....I learned that romulans and vulcans were related before they aired this bit of info in the original show...my Pop was blown away, to this day he wants to know how I knew this before the show aired :D
Through the years of reading and watching, like anything the ST universe changes and grows. (nobody likes change ;) ) My Favorite is Star Trek Movie 2009 as it changes the timeline, allowing writers to go crazy once again, ST Discovery did similar.

Reactions: Selectric
NTG! Had a huge crush on Picard! lol Also, the storylines were great. Did not like the Borg storyline at first, but it's grown on me over time.

Patrick Stewart is an awesome actor imo....seen him other movies etc... Did great in ST TNG ;) as Picard :D

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric