What does ghost hunting achieve?

Sorry to be late to this thread. I have been so very busy at work lately, my apologies to all my paranormal friends!

I married my wife 11-1/2 years ago. She was interested in ghost hunting, and as I didn't have cable at the time, we bought a lot of used DVD's from FYE. She really enjoyed the ghost hunting genre on TV. I was a lifetime non-believer.

All of my life up until marrying Mrs. GWU at age 52, I had been a skeptic. She would watch those DVD's for years, and I would sometimes watch with her.

In March of 2018, she suffered a concussion in a car accident, that rendered her disabled.

After a year or so of watching her abosrb the ghost-hunting shows, I decided to do something to help her feel better. She had not been able to work since her accidentt. Know that she is an RN, with much excperience. Her absence from the workplace was devastating for us. Our late-life marriage was contingent on a few factors breaking our way. None did.

Any way, about a year after her accident, I decided to invest in some ghost-hunting gear and take my wife on a ghost hunt. I wanted her to be able to say that she was a real paranormal inveistigator.

That's all.

After our first ghost-hunt together, we had evidence that just blew my skeptical attiude away. I experienced stuff that blew my mind, as well as getting evidence on the SLS and other devices. On our first time out!

Since then, we have found a more experienced group and I have learned much. Two of them became my best friends and mentors. They discovered abilities in me that I had rejected my entire life as sickness or random crap. Now, I know what these feelings mean.

If you haven't participated in a crossing, you may want to temper you remarks. It is real, it happens. Visualization is key to helping lost souls.

I have only been aware of my gift for the last 5 years or so, and only really tried to advance my skills in the last three years. But my mentors assure me that I have gifts beyond my tenure, and I will strive to improve my gift for the rest of my time on Earth.

Those of you who don't really get "ghost hunting", well, ok, my opinion of you has not dropped. I have experienced amazing things in the paranormal, and wouldn't trade them for anything. You either feel it every day, get it intuitively, or you don't.
as Lynne said, GW, no offence intended, as i stated in my last post, last paragraph, those who do it for real answers i have no problem with, and do hope some real answers may be found, but those who do it just for a quick thrill or adrenaline rush, or just for platform ratings or self fulfillment are a problem on both the real/true investigation side and the psychic side...... some of the self proclaimed "experts" who claim to have abilities, just muddy up the water for the youth or others who follow them, which leads to shortcuts, quick fixes, and more trouble and confusion down the road for those that are actually gifted and not just a faze they are exploring.... its too easy and tempting for the youth to head for the dark side as it is, having it plastered in front of them as something "cool" or even easy to extinguish, is the last thing they need. people with new found abilities or those that are just emerging or "budding" can have a very long road ahead of them, very confusing and very intimidating at times. a lot of kids or people with late abilities can sometimes become very withdrawn, afraid to even leave the house or interact with others because they are not sure how to deal with what is opening up for them. ( sounds kinda silly, but it happens more often than realized) anyways, that is my problem with that area of all this...while its good the paranormal is getting more attention, this is just one of the downsides of it all....

Last edited:
Sorry to be late to this thread. I have been so very busy at work lately, my apologies to all my paranormal friends!

I married my wife 11-1/2 years ago. She was interested in ghost hunting, and as I didn't have cable at the time, we bought a lot of used DVD's from FYE. She really enjoyed the ghost hunting genre on TV. I was a lifetime non-believer.

All of my life up until marrying Mrs. GWU at age 52, I had been a skeptic. She would watch those DVD's for years, and I would sometimes watch with her.

In March of 2018, she suffered a concussion in a car accident, that rendered her disabled.

After a year or so of watching her abosrb the ghost-hunting shows, I decided to do something to help her feel better. She had not been able to work since her accidentt. Know that she is an RN, with much excperience. Her absence from the workplace was devastating for us. Our late-life marriage was contingent on a few factors breaking our way. None did.

Any way, about a year after her accident, I decided to invest in some ghost-hunting gear and take my wife on a ghost hunt. I wanted her to be able to say that she was a real paranormal inveistigator.

That's all.

After our first ghost-hunt together, we had evidence that just blew my skeptical attiude away. I experienced stuff that blew my mind, as well as getting evidence on the SLS and other devices. On our first time out!

Since then, we have found a more experienced group and I have learned much. Two of them became my best friends and mentors. They discovered abilities in me that I had rejected my entire life as sickness or random crap. Now, I know what these feelings mean.

If you haven't participated in a crossing, you may want to temper you remarks. It is real, it happens. Visualization is key to helping lost souls.

I have only been aware of my gift for the last 5 years or so, and only really tried to advance my skills in the last three years. But my mentors assure me that I have gifts beyond my tenure, and I will strive to improve my gift for the rest of my time on Earth.

Those of you who don't really get "ghost hunting", well, ok, my opinion of you has not dropped. I have experienced amazing things in the paranormal, and wouldn't trade them for anything. You either feel it every day, get it intuitively, or you don't.
i am just starting this journey of doing these Ghost hunting road. I literally am using just my phone with crude apps because well 1. im a mom and poor and 2. i dont even know where to start. can u give me any advice?

i am just starting this journey of doing these Ghost hunting road. I literally am using just my phone with crude apps because well 1. im a mom and poor and 2. i dont even know where to start. can u give me any advice?
Not answering for GWU, but I'd think the best thing for you to do is find local paranormal groups and contact them. Ask if they have any openings for an enthusiastic novice who wants to learn from experienced investigators.

That's all.

Bravo GWU......Bravo!

Not answering for GWU, but I'd think the best thing for you to do is find local paranormal groups and contact them. Ask if they have any openings for an enthusiastic novice who wants to learn for experienced investigators.
think i found some here in tampa. just asked to join ty for the advice. im a hands on person so thats perfect if i can find a good group

armchair hunters who just want a scare for fun.
That covers my complaints as well. There IS a place for people who are actually there to help. It's one of the things I have often recommended here...vet your paranormal group and look for their "intentions".

As in anything, there are good ways to do things and really poor ways to go about it.

think i found some here in tampa. just asked to join ty for the advice. im a hands on person so thats perfect if i can find a good group

Sent you a private conversation. My stepdaughter is in Tampa, and she is an experienced ghost hunter.
She can help you.

this is actually one of the reasons why i dont do paranormal invetigations. ive been on a few and at the end of the trip had some of the same questions, "what did it achieve?" i dont say "prove" because i already do believe in the afterlife, or the "veil". so that was not a reason for me to begin with. it seems like a novelty game where its all just "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" over any little light flicker or bump, (which most times could probably be de-bunked if followed up on).. so what was achieved?...( for the big picture or the betterment of either side?) my own satisfaction or entertainment isnt what it should all be about yet that is what it seems to have come to for most..... the whole idea of crossing people over or fighting demons especially, i question strongly. to think we have that type of power over that side is extremely arrogant on our part, especially for some of the ones making such claims....so, i dont know, for those doing it, more power to you, good luck, i hope you do find what you are searching for, its just not my thing.....lol
Personally, (just my opinion), if you go into it with an open mind and don't accept every little bump or other noise as paranormal, then you can get something out of it. All too many "investigators", rely on useless gadgets that have been promoted on the numerous TV shows, and imitate what they have seen done on them, accepting any type "hit" on a gadget as paranormal. In my case, if I do not hear, or capture clear words or actions on a digital voice recorder, or see something with my own eyes or capture it on video or film, then I discount it. I whole heartedly agree with your statement about questioning crossing over and demonic activity. I have never, or allowed my group to attempt, crossing over. I don't believe they are spirits anyway, just remnant energy. As far as demonic activity, you're right - TV appears to find it at least once weekly. In well over 250 investigations, I have only felt it necessary twice, to refer the people to leaders in their faith.