What does ghost hunting achieve?

this is actually one of the reasons why i dont do paranormal invetigations. ive been on a few and at the end of the trip had some of the same questions, "what did it achieve?" i dont say "prove" because i already do believe in the afterlife, or the "veil". so that was not a reason for me to begin with. it seems like a novelty game where its all just "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" over any little light flicker or bump, (which most times could probably be de-bunked if followed up on).. so what was achieved?...( for the big picture or the betterment of either side?) my own satisfaction or entertainment isnt what it should all be about yet that is what it seems to have come to for most..... the whole idea of crossing people over or fighting demons especially, i question strongly. to think we have that type of power over that side is extremely arrogant on our part, especially for some of the ones making such claims....so, i dont know, for those doing it, more power to you, good luck, i hope you do find what you are searching for, its just not my thing.....lol

About the
this is actually one of the reasons why i dont do paranormal invetigations. ive been on a few and at the end of the trip had some of the same questions, "what did it achieve?" i dont say "prove" because i already do believe in the afterlife, or the "veil". so that was not a reason for me to begin with. it seems like a novelty game where its all just "oooh's" and "ahhhh's" over any little light flicker or bump, (which most times could probably be de-bunked if followed up on).. so what was achieved?...( for the big picture or the betterment of either side?) my own satisfaction or entertainment isnt what it should all be about yet that is what it seems to have come to for most..... the whole idea of crossing people over or fighting demons especially, i question strongly. to think we have that type of power over that side is extremely arrogant on our part, especially for some of the ones making such claims....so, i dont know, for those doing it, more power to you, good luck, i hope you do find what you are searching for, its just not my thing.....lol
Only benefit to it would be if you could set a trapped spirit free into the beyond. If someone is stuck here, why not let them move on? I mean, they aren't a circus animal to poke, prod and film as if it was a spectacle. And if it were something nasty, well, time to kick that creep to the curb and have It leave that place.

the whole idea of crossing people over or fighting demons especially, i question strongly. to think we have that type of power over that side is extremely arrogant on our part
Not an advocate of ghost hunting and don't think we have much power to affect much of this. On saying that I'm sure one of my terriers hung around for a short while until I told her it was ok to be free now, then she left. I loved that little dog and believe love is the most powerful force and I believe this is what Heaven is made of, pure love. My brother came to me when he died, I didn't know he had and told me it is ok, over and over and said it's just pure love. :tearsofjoy:

About the

Only benefit to it would be if you could set a trapped spirit free into the beyond. If someone is stuck here, why not let them move on? I mean, they aren't a circus animal to poke, prod and film as if it was a spectacle. And if it were something nasty, well, time to kick that creep to the curb and have It leave that place.
my only question is why or how could a spirit be trapped here?... and if i could just say "hey you need to cross over", and then they do, well thats something im sure it already knew before i came along...lol, and if it still has unfinished business then who am i to interfere....but honestly im just not so sure who or what we are dealing with on that side. so i choose not to pursue or get involved, i just choose to not communicate with that side. most paranormal investigators are copycatting what is seen on the many shows. i dont know how many people ive heard claim to be empaths or psychic and go on and on about how they talk or communicate with spirits. not saying they are all wrong, but there is SO MUCH MORE to abilities, especially empathic abilities, where you could help everyday people and make a difference in someones life in a positive manner. to me that is far more important. perhaps by doing that you save them from an afterlife of entrapment to begin with?.....just my 2 cents.... no offence to those who choose the other route and honestly do it for answers, not just cheap thrills.

my only question is why or how could a spirit be trapped here?..
Maybe in the case of my dog the bond was hard to break? I feel she may have crossed over with time but she may have had unfinished business with the snakes, one of which killed her but I didn't see another until the next Spring, I used to see them daily. I had to send her off as she was a naughty little beast, alive and after, lol and was terrifying my cats. My bro didn't seem to have trouble getting to his destination, I think it's the first time he found true happiness and I know he will be waiting when my time comes.

Well stated Paul, I agree. I think this all comes down to self-entertainment for most people doing this. They also want proof of the afterlife. There are some good true investigators out there trying to document the nature of what is actually going on, but these are few. The articles description of the so-called spirit communication sounded to me like they were being messed with and the entity was tired of the game. This sounded like a place that was frequently visited by these groups.

There is definitely an entertainment quality to ghost hunting that seems to be rather pointless. It's not something being done for a specific purpose but rather its just something to do. For these people it's an updated version of telling scary stories around a campfire. And like these campfire stories there is no shortage of jokers who will employ props or other people to help create fake scares.

This is why I appreciate those who do take this seriously and approach such things with scientific methods; recording data, testing hypothesis and/or looking for patterns of behavior. It's one thing to get a weird feeling or to experience a cold spot but another to actually get reading of electrical signals, temperature changes or other verifiable metrics.

Sorry to be late to this thread. I have been so very busy at work lately, my apologies to all my paranormal friends!

I married my wife 11-1/2 years ago. She was interested in ghost hunting, and as I didn't have cable at the time, we bought a lot of used DVD's from FYE. She really enjoyed the ghost hunting genre on TV. I was a lifetime non-believer.

All of my life up until marrying Mrs. GWU at age 52, I had been a skeptic. She would watch those DVD's for years, and I would sometimes watch with her.

In March of 2018, she suffered a concussion in a car accident, that rendered her disabled.

After a year or so of watching her abosrb the ghost-hunting shows, I decided to do something to help her feel better. She had not been able to work since her accidentt. Know that she is an RN, with much excperience. Her absence from the workplace was devastating for us. Our late-life marriage was contingent on a few factors breaking our way. None did.

Any way, about a year after her accident, I decided to invest in some ghost-hunting gear and take my wife on a ghost hunt. I wanted her to be able to say that she was a real paranormal inveistigator.

That's all.

After our first ghost-hunt together, we had evidence that just blew my skeptical attiude away. I experienced stuff that blew my mind, as well as getting evidence on the SLS and other devices. On our first time out!

Since then, we have found a more experienced group and I have learned much. Two of them became my best friends and mentors. They discovered abilities in me that I had rejected my entire life as sickness or random crap. Now, I know what these feelings mean.

If you haven't participated in a crossing, you may want to temper you remarks. It is real, it happens. Visualization is key to helping lost souls.

I have only been aware of my gift for the last 5 years or so, and only really tried to advance my skills in the last three years. But my mentors assure me that I have gifts beyond my tenure, and I will strive to improve my gift for the rest of my time on Earth.

Those of you who don't really get "ghost hunting", well, ok, my opinion of you has not dropped. I have experienced amazing things in the paranormal, and wouldn't trade them for anything. You either feel it every day, get it intuitively, or you don't.

Sorry to be late to this thread. I have been so very busy at work lately, my apologies to all my paranormal friends!

I married my wife 11-1/2 years ago. She was interested in ghost hunting, and as I didn't have cable at the time, we bought a lot of used DVD's from FYE. She really enjoyed the ghost hunting genre on TV. I was a lifetime non-believer.

All of my life up until marrying Mrs. GWU at age 52, I had been a skeptic. She would watch those DVD's for years, and I would sometimes watch with her.

In March of 2018, she suffered a concussion in a car accident, that rendered her disabled.

After a year or so of watching her abosrb the ghost-hunting shows, I decided to do something to help her feel better. She had not been able to work since her accidentt. Know that she is an RN, with much excperience. Her absence from the workplace was devastating for us. Our late-life marriage was contingent on a few factors breaking our way. None did.

Any way, about a year after her accident, I decided to invest in some ghost-hunting gear and take my wife on a ghost hunt. I wanted her to be able to say that she was a real paranormal inveistigator.

That's all.

After our first ghost-hunt together, we had evidence that just blew my skeptical attiude away. I experienced stuff that blew my mind, as well as getting evidence on the SLS and other devices. On our first time out!

Since then, we have found a more experienced group and I have learned much. Two of them became my best friends and mentors. They discovered abilities in me that I had rejected my entire life as sickness or random crap. Now, I know what these feelings mean.

If you haven't participated in a crossing, you may want to temper you remarks. It is real, it happens. Visualization is key to helping lost souls.

I have only been aware of my gift for the last 5 years or so, and only really tried to advance my skills in the last three years. But my mentors assure me that I have gifts beyond my tenure, and I will strive to improve my gift for the rest of my time on Earth.

Those of you who don't really get "ghost hunting", well, ok, my opinion of you has not dropped. I have experienced amazing things in the paranormal, and wouldn't trade them for anything. You either feel it every day, get it intuitively, or you don't.
Please don't take offense at my opinion, I think there is a place for helping lost souls or doing real scientific research. I think it all comes down to intention. If someone is being bothered by something in an occupied space, it needs to be removed or moved out. So, there is a place for people that specialize in these things. I think what bothers a lot of people is the groups that do it for entertainment, money and fame. I think the glut of cheaply done tv shows have caused a rash of armchair hunters who just want a scare for fun.