What Does an Out of Body Experience Feel Like?

To make a long story short, I have spent some time in some very tough prisons.
As a teen, I was sent to a max security penitentiary for escape. The charge I originally escaped on was GTA.
I don't want to waste time telling you my life story, just know I was a misguided youth that beat the odds.
So back to my prison story...
I was a bad boy in my youth. I broke every rule. As a teen in adult prison, I was the target of discipline. I ended up serving 9 months straight in total isolation. Only came out of the cell 3 times a week for 10 minutes each to shower...and there were times I even lost that privilege.
I really can't describe the horrors I witnessed in that place. Its one of those things you have to experience to understand. Grown murderers screaming for their mommy as their brains crack under the pressure of isolation for years on end. Psychopaths bragging about their crimes.
I was surrounded by lifers in that place. They called it "close management" I was on level 1, the most strict of confinement.
There was no form of entertainment. I was allowed 1 book and 1 deck of cards. I read some great books in that time. One that stands out is "The Phoenix Fire Mystery"..
Anyhow, back to the out of body business.

Many days, I would lay in my bunk and "daydream". At least I thought that is what it was. Somewhere in between wake and sleep I was able to visit places, hang out with friends etc.
But this one time was different.
As I lay there, I was daydreaming of walking through my old neighborhood and something came over me. Like I was able to move about freely.
I decided I would try to fly. And I did. I just started flying. I could feel the wind.
I decided to visit some places/ people. I was able to go to houses of people I knew.
I still thought this was sort of daydreaming.
But I got to a house of my closest friend. I was there but they obviously couldn't see me which was different than my daydreams. In my daydreams, I was able to communicate with people, but this time I was like a ghost.
A few there people were there, some I didn't know. Everyone was sad and angry. It seemed something bad had happened. I couldn't figure out what was going on. But I could feel the anger and sadness.
I sort of panicked and then something snapped me out of it. I was back in my cell. I felt different like I knew something had happened.
I couldn't shake the feeling.
A few days later I received some mail. My friends sister had been killed. I had grew up with her. We had always been 'sweet' on each other but always kept our distance because of her brothers.
I don't know if it was a true "out of body" experience or some form of astral projection brought on by my deep meditation. But it was an 'experience' none the less.
I have tried many times to recreate the experience and have never even come close.

Reactions: ParanormalMom
To make a long story short, I have spent some time in some very tough prisons.
As a teen, I was sent to a max security penitentiary for escape. The charge I originally escaped on was GTA.
I don't want to waste time telling you my life story, just know I was a misguided youth that beat the odds.
So back to my prison story...
I was a bad boy in my youth. I broke every rule. As a teen in adult prison, I was the target of discipline. I ended up serving 9 months straight in total isolation. Only came out of the cell 3 times a week for 10 minutes each to shower...and there were times I even lost that privilege.
I really can't describe the horrors I witnessed in that place. Its one of those things you have to experience to understand. Grown murderers screaming for their mommy as their brains crack under the pressure of isolation for years on end. Psychopaths bragging about their crimes.
I was surrounded by lifers in that place. They called it "close management" I was on level 1, the most strict of confinement.
There was no form of entertainment. I was allowed 1 book and 1 deck of cards. I read some great books in that time. One that stands out is "The Phoenix Fire Mystery"..
Anyhow, back to the out of body business.

Many days, I would lay in my bunk and "daydream". At least I thought that is what it was. Somewhere in between wake and sleep I was able to visit places, hang out with friends etc.
But this one time was different.
As I lay there, I was daydreaming of walking through my old neighborhood and something came over me. Like I was able to move about freely.
I decided I would try to fly. And I did. I just started flying. I could feel the wind.
I decided to visit some places/ people. I was able to go to houses of people I knew.
I still thought this was sort of daydreaming.
But I got to a house of my closest friend. I was there but they obviously couldn't see me which was different than my daydreams. In my daydreams, I was able to communicate with people, but this time I was like a ghost.
A few there people were there, some I didn't know. Everyone was sad and angry. It seemed something bad had happened. I couldn't figure out what was going on. But I could feel the anger and sadness.
I sort of panicked and then something snapped me out of it. I was back in my cell. I felt different like I knew something had happened.
I couldn't shake the feeling.
A few days later I received some mail. My friends sister had been killed. I had grew up with her. We had always been 'sweet' on each other but always kept our distance because of her brothers.
I don't know if it was a true "out of body" experience or some form of astral projection brought on by my deep meditation. But it was an 'experience' none the less.
I have tried many times to recreate the experience and have never even come close.
I’m sorry to hear of the sad events in your account but it seems you have turned your life around. As for your expierence, it certainly sounds like an out of body or remote viewing. Thanks for sharing this expierence.

Personally, my out of body experiences were always a bit messy, and usually I would travel to other worlds between dream state and being awake.

My first out of body experience would have to be when I had accidentally visited a very low vibrational dimension while being half awake. I could feel most things like I was actually there. There was fire everywhere, and between the flames a very pale but pretty creature with long black hair was chatting with someone I couldn't see.

Anyways when it finally realized my presence there, it slowly turned its head towards me and showed me its black eyes, and told me aggresively 'What are you doing in our world? Youre not supposed to be here'. Then my own voice in my head told me to get out of there as fast as I could. And I woke up and felt like I had never gone to sleep in the first place.

For the next few days the room would smell like it was on fire (I had checked everything just in case there was an electrical problem but nope) and I threw holy water to the corner the smell was coming from, after that the smell disappeared.

Personally, my out of body experiences were always a bit messy, and usually I would travel to other worlds between dream state and being awake.

My first out of body experience would have to be when I had accidentally visited a very low vibrational dimension while being half awake. I could feel most things like I was actually there. There was fire everywhere, and between the flames a very pale but pretty creature with long black hair was chatting with someone I couldn't see.

Anyways when it finally realized my presence there, it slowly turned its head towards me and showed me its black eyes, and told me aggresively 'What are you doing in our world? Youre not supposed to be here'. Then my own voice in my head told me to get out of there as fast as I could. And I woke up and felt like I had never gone to sleep in the first place.

For the next few days the room would smell like it was on fire (I had checked everything just in case there was an electrical problem but nope) and I threw holy water to the corner the smell was coming from, after that the smell disappeared.
Sounds like a hellish realm. If you were visiting in a real sense in spirit, it’s good you escaped. Have you had any pleasant expierences?