What did you...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP? AS KIDS, WE ALWAYS HAVE GRAND PLANS....WHAT WAS YOURS?

th

Most of you know I wanted to be a Royal Canadian Mounty. One small problem ... I’m American :D
I still say we could have borrowed a uniform....lol Or at least made you mounted police here in the states, Lynne! Options!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Funny you posted art for this thread containing Peter Pan because that is who I wanted to be. My Mom even made me a Pan costume which I wore everywhere for several weeks - but not to school of course.

I was crushed when at the late age of seven I finally understood what “fiction” means. Until then I thought everything I saw was real including movies and TV shows. I spent the next nine years living in the physical world only accepting what I could see, touch, and experience for myself. As you all know, I’m much better now... :D

I finally understood what “fiction” means.
Reminded me of what happened recently at a Nationals major league baseball game. My daughter and I took her son(my almost 4 year old grandson) to his first live game. We watch the games on TV so grandson knows a little bit about the game. At about the fourth or fifth inning, he asks when Papa (me) was going into the game. I had the same jersey on as the players on the field. At four years old, you believe that anything is possible. It is so wonderful to see life from a youngster's perspective.

Reminded me of what happened recently at a Nationals major league baseball game. My daughter and I took her son(my almost 4 year old grandson) to his first live game. We watch the games on TV so grandson knows a little bit about the game. At about the fourth or fifth inning, he asks when Papa (me) was going into the game. I had the same jersey on as the players on the field. At four years old, you believe that anything is possible. It is so wonderful to see life from a youngster's perspective.

Absolutely loved being an innocent and ignorant child myself. So I can image just how your Grandson might have come to that assumption 7.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Christie, that's priceless !
I wanted to play second base and pitch for the White Sox. Be an astronaut in the off-season. The latter dream was dashed however, when NASA rejected my background check, because I was known in the neighborhood for driving my little pedal tractor around naked outside.

I adore that story! Papa, you are blessed.

Reactions: Lynne
The next time we take grandson to the ballpark, it will be a Sunday, when the kids get to run the bases after the game. That was the other thing that he wanted to do - go onto the field himself. There are no limits to his curiosity and need to explore - except when it comes to food. He is a very picky eater. His brother, just the opposite - he eats everything.

Reactions: Debi