Unexplained Paranormal Activity / Growling & Hoof noises.

MysteriousFarmer

Reaction score
Hello forum, this is my first time posting and I came here because I wanted to share with everyone of you what me and my family of 3 has experienced on the farm we have lived on for the past 25 years. The reason I am bringing this up for discussion, is because we simply cannot explain what is going on anymore. A lot of things has happened throughout the years so I will try and keep it as sorted and clear as possible.

A little backstory: My parents together with my sister moved to this farm about 25/26 years ago. The previous owner was an elderly lady, who was found dead in a rocking chair in the corner of what is now the kitchen. After the owner passed away the house was put up for sale and my parents moved in. Not sure how much that makes it sound like a good introduction to a scary movie, but at least she passed away of natural causes.

Throughout the years we have experienced many strange things happening on the farm, especially during the night. Behind the house, we have some areas where our houses eat grass (not sure what you call it, pens?) and to the front of the house we have a garden. So from now on when I refer to the back of the house or the front of the house, you will understand what I mean.

Right now it is only me and my mother and my sister that lives in the house. We have all experienced similiar things in terms of paranormal activity. We have heard deep growling noises coming from the back of the house. My sister heard it in the middle of the night, and her cat was staring at the window like it was spooked by something but my sister was too scared to approach the window to check where this deep growling came from. My mother has heard the growling coming from underneath her bed and she was left terrified from the sound. Me personally, I woke up around the 3AM mark and heard this very deep growl coming from right outside the window (still at the back of the house) and it gave me chills all over my body and I was completely shook from hearing this growling coming from the window. It didn't sound like me waking up and hearing my own snore, or hearing a dog growling it was just this deep unexplained growling. My mother has also one night heard the sound of a galloping horse outside the window (The horses were all in the stables that night). I once woke up and heard the sound of knocking on the walls. And my mother has one night on the way to the bathroom, heard the sound of a little girl humming. She looked up to the 1st floor and said "I'm sorry, you can be here I don't mind but will you please stop humming? It's unsettling me." and then it stopped. We have all heard the sound of footsteps upstairs and we once saw one of our glass candleholders break out of nowhere.

(Weird repeating nightmares)
So now that I mentioned the little girl, I want to tell you all about the dreams that I have been experiencing over and over for the past 3 years. So, the first floor in the house was built quite a few years ago, and I moved my room to be upstairs instead. But I am now sleeping again downstairs due to the feeling of being watched and feeling extremely off whenever I am in the room upstairs during the night. I dream about this little girl who has taken possession of my room upstairs. I feel there is an evil entity or an evil spirit residing inside of the room in my dreams. And I know that if I go there, I am going to experience bad things and high paranormal activity. I often find myself trying to force myself upstairs in my dreams, forcing my way inside and telling the girl/entity that it is MY room and that is needs to LEAVE. But I find myself powerless and I have no power over it. Instead it makes her absolutely furious, making her scream and making stuff fall all around in the room. In other dreams, I am trying to HELP the entity, by giving her peace and lifting her from the shackles that keeps her to this place. But it's never an exception, there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE in the addict/1st floor of the house. I even dreamt that I was looking up towards my room (It's right next to the stairs) and I could see the little girl laying on all fours, peeking at my from the door to my room.
I will be honest with you guys, I am feeling physically ill as I am writing these things. I am SCARED of going upstairs and sleeping there. I am SCARED that something is going to happen tonight because of all the discussions about it today with my family and on this forum. I am sitting next to a pc that is usually very hot and makes the room very warm but I swear to god, the air in front of me right now is ICE COLD.

I also remember as a child, I had these 2 dreams that sticks to me, one of them being of this hooded man in dark robes that rolls back his hood to reveal the face of a devil looking being. And a second one where I woke up, staring at the ceiling, seeing the same face again. But I always thought of it to just be my child mind making up scary things. But it puzzles me today to think, what if it wasn't?

So we have in the past used these nets for the horses that we fill with hay, because one of them would always toss around the hay inside the box and miss it up with the , let's say poo area. So to avoid that, we put the hay in the net and hanged it so the horse could reach it. But every single morning, the net would have been tossed over the box that the horse is in (This is a little pony by the way, and she CANNOT look over the top of the boxes.) and it would have been tangled around one of the cylinders holding the roof up in the stables. There is no way, that this little horse can grab the net and toss it that far up. She can toss it about, sure, but there is no way she could ever toss it that far up. Which has left us very puzzled and confused about how in the earth that net has gotten there and why it is tangled?

Now to the thing that caused me to even start this thread, we are fast forwarding to today, where something even weirder has happened.
Outside in one of the pens, we have a huge waterbucket/water trough for the horses. My sister always fills it to the point where it is overflowing with water. To make sure we have enough water for the horses while they are outside. But in the last week, my sister would have filled the water bucket to the brim at around 10AM, to find it COMPLETELY DRY AND EMPTY by midday. Either that, or she would see it was near empty and later would have found it FULL. She has told us this and told us that she believes she is going absolutely insane because she cannot explain what is going on. One moment the bucket is full, the next it is empty, and then it is full again. You can clearly tell when the horses are drinking from it, because water would flow over from the sides or splash up on the sides inside of the bucket. But that is not the case, water is quite literally disppearing from inside of the bucket. Now obviously, you would assume that there is a leak. So we already checked that, there is no leaks, there is no water dripping out anywhere so there is no way the water is leaving the bucket whatsover. I didn't believe what she said at first but today we had it confirmed that she wasn't the crazy one. The horses was in a pen for a while seperated from the waterbucket that was again, overflowing with water. When she went up to let the horses inside the pen to access the water, it was EMPTY. How on earth is this possible?

So what I would like to know is, what do YOU guys think it could be? All of the things happening, is this paranormal? Or are we a family of 3 going completely nuts? If you also have any suggestions to what we could do to find out more, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you for reading.

Reactions: garnetsilver
First let me welcome you to the forum. I am so sorry that you are having these issues. You are not alone, there are many people who have had had to deal with strange circumstances. You have a lot going on. If it was just one or two things I might think it’s explainable but wow that’s a lot of activity. When you mentioned the growling I thought perhaps an animal was in your crawl space. Foxes and raccoons can make some crazy noises. However combined with the other stuff you have a reason to be concerned. Here is our forums suggestions to deal with unwanted activity but you may need to seek outside help as in a Priest or Shaman. Your area may be near a portal or vortex. Vortex spots often have time slip events, this is what the water trough sounds like to me. Others will be by to give you their opinions. Thank you for sharing and keep us updated on your situation. You can also message the owner of this site Debi for more detailed help. Here is the information: PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

Hi MF, and welcome to the PNF. That's quite a list of activities. Other members here who are better qualified to give opinions on your situation will post soon, but I'd like to offer a few comments. First, these activities have been going on for 20+ years, but the fact none of you have been injured or harmed is worth noting. If something there wanted to hurt you, it would have done so by now. Yes, it might be unnerving, even frightening at times, but based on your 20+ years of experience, you are probably not in any danger.

Have you considered getting a game camera or video baby monitor to watch what is going on with the watering trough and hay net? These devices are relatively inexpensive and could show you what is happening.

Have you considered contacting a paranormal research group to investigate what's going on at the farm? Not sure where you are, but the proliferation of such groups means there are probably at least a few to choose from locally. Most have an impressive array of cameras and other electronic devices to gather evidence of activity. You should be able to do some research on a group you are considering, and look for references and past investigation reports. Avoid any group that charges a fee.

Not sure what religious beliefs, if any, you hold, but have you contacted a clergyman to discuss your situation? A house/farm blessing might be helpful.

Hopefully this has giving somethings to think about until the rest of our members have a chance to respond.

Hi Farmer, and welcome to the forum. I have read your post several times now, and I agree with Lynne who said "Wow..that's a lot of activity!"

All the advise above is spot on. I would like to add that perhaps you need to research out the land you are on and any past history associated with it besides the lady dying there. I am not sure where you are located, but the amount and type of activity you describe brings to mind something associated with the land itself. Does anyone else in the area have any kind of activity? Any legends to go with your location?

Hi Farmer, and welcome to the forum. I have read your post several times now, and I agree with Lynne who said "Wow..that's a lot of activity!"

All the advise above is spot on. I would like to add that perhaps you need to research out the land you are on and any past history associated with it besides the lady dying there. I am not sure where you are located, but the amount and type of activity you describe brings to mind something associated with the land itself. Does anyone else in the area have any kind of activity? Any legends to go with your location?
I don't think there are any legends around here but I know that the old woman who lived here was found dead in her rocking chair in the kitchen. Somewhere not far from here and elderly couple died in a car after getting caught in a snowstorm. And also I'm not entirely sure but I remember something about a criminal who also lost his life around these parts but I cannot confirm if it's true.
But we often experience the feeling of being watched in the house and my sister says it's especially bad in the stables in the evenings/nights. I don't think it's a harmful entity , only in my dreams. But I believe that maybe its the same little girl or maybe its the old woman who died but when she was a child? I tried looking up past records for this property including old names and old farm names for this area, but sadly nothing showed up.

Reactions: garnetsilver
It does sound like a lot of activity indeed. Please be sure to follow the suggestions for paranormal activity. The more frightened you are, unfortunately that feeds negative energy. Please also keep us posted if you find out any more information about the property and its history.

I don't think there are any legends around here but I know that the old woman who lived here was found dead in her rocking chair in the kitchen. Somewhere not far from here and elderly couple died in a car after getting caught in a snowstorm. And also I'm not entirely sure but I remember something about a criminal who also lost his life around these parts but I cannot confirm if it's true.
But we often experience the feeling of being watched in the house and my sister says it's especially bad in the stables in the evenings/nights. I don't think it's a harmful entity , only in my dreams. But I believe that maybe its the same little girl or maybe its the old woman who died but when she was a child? I tried looking up past records for this property including old names and old farm names for this area, but sadly nothing showed up.

Anxiety, such ad feeling you are being watched, can be caused by real world issues. Two that come readily to mind are exposure to mold and electromagnetic fields. I could imagine mold in the stables, and EMF can be generated by any number of sources, including cell towers, electrical lines, appliances, even wiring within the home. Again, depending where you are, public health officials should be able to determine if either of those are an issue for you.

Reactions: Lynne
Anxiety, such ad feeling you are being watched, can be caused by real world issues. Two that come readily to mind are exposure to mold and electromagnetic fields. I could imagine mold in the stables, and EMF can be generated by any number of sources, including cell towers, electrical lines, appliances, even wiring within the home. Again, depending where you are, public health officials should be able to determine if either of those are an issue for you.
Duke makes a good point. We always try to rule out any physical issues in all cases. You can get mold tests and use an EMF meter to check on these things as well.

If it is truly an entity, or entities as I would suspect in this case, please do not assume that the little girl you visualize is actually what that entity is. Most often, these things like to show themselves in an acceptable form to us. That may actually not be a little girl spirit at all.

Farmer, to be honest, we are not sure just what these things always are. What we do know is a few things that help calm down and or control the activity. The suggestions the members have given, and the info in the PNF thread Lynne gave you are good starting points to deal with calming it down and getting some control.

There are some areas that can be a bit like a portal or vortex for this kind of thing. In this case, you will have to take some extra measures, such as a clergy person who can come in for a blessing. Holy water helps in some cases and some medals we mention in that help thread can also sometimes be used to ward an area of land. Be aware, however, that once you start to actively engage with whatever this is, activity can actually increase sometimes for a bit. Don't be fearful, because these things do tend to feed off the fear.

Good ideas to check out Duke. I always forget about those.

Welcome to the group. I have a few questions. When was the house built and was it the first house built on that property? I ask that because if you go to old cemeteries you will note that there would be years when a lot of children died. There were yellow fever epidemics and they seemed to be especially hard on children. My Mom lost a little sister to yellow fever. This could be where your little girl came from.

Honestly, your dreams seem to me to be reflections of your concerns, fears, and anger at being evicted from your room. I live in the country too and I also have at times heard a lot of odd animal noises at night. Some I never figured out and some I caught. I had a big boar coon take up residence under the house one time and he was very possessive and would get quite vocal when a cat or other critter tried to invade his space. That thing would sound like there was a freaking MOUNTAIN LION under there!!!

Cats are weird and I think that they see or sense things that we can't see or feel. My cat occasionally will bow up and hiss while looking up at the ceiling as if there was something there. There never is a thing there but he is puffed up and angry and focused on something on or near the ceiling. I sometimes think that cats have a vivid overactive imagination.

My other question is about your horses. I've had horses most of my life and they are different. If a horse that is normally calm and laid back starts acting skittish there is a reason. I had an old appaloosa that if a storm was coming he would go to the barn and peek out. It might be a couple of hours and the sky might be clear and blue when he went to the bard but you could count on it and it wouldn't be a sprinkle. He hated thunderstorms and getting rained on.

I had a Palamino mare named Ladybug that loved her feed. One evening I went out and put her feed down and some hay and then after doing a few other things opened the gate to let her in from the pasture. She came in and immediately laid her ears back and started snorting and prancing around and wouldn't go to her feed. She always was a little flighty but in general, she let nothing get between her and her supper. I looked all around in the small two-horse feed lot. I looked on, under, and everywhere and couldn't find anything. I tried to lead her to the feed and she balked. Finally I went over and grabbed a bundle of hay and when I did I have a HUGE chicken snake in my hand. LOL, I freaked as it struck at me and threw it straight up. Me and Ladybug stampeded out of there. I grabbed a shovel and went back and killed it.

I felt kind of bad about killing it but it scared the crud out of me and Ladybug absolutely had a snake phobia. Even a grass snake would turn her from a calm sweet righting horse into a bucking bronco as she took off. Had I left it and it got between Ladybug and the gate I was afraid that she would hurt herself trying to go over the five rail corral fence. She did that once and we figure it was a snake.

How are your horses acting? If there is something odd around they will KNOW it. they don't like new things in their area. They will study it and walk all around it, sniff it and maybe after a day or two if it won't leave they will start to accept it. They also seem to be sensitive to some things that to us are paranormal. I'm not sure that it is not just normal to them. A friend of mine had a pasture that backed up to a cemetery. On all other sides of the pasture, the horses and cattle would reach over or through the fence to get that "greener" grass on the other side of the fence...except on the side that separated them from the cemetery. It is odd to see grass growing up under a wire fence where horses are pasturing. They didn't seem to be spooked they would stand beside the fence and eat their grass but they just didn't cross that line.

The water barrel thing is a mystery. In my reading water acts as a sort of barrier to a lot of things and isn't used in their antics unless they are water spirits in which case they seldom go far from the water. THAT is a weird one.

My advice to you is to learn as much as you can about your place and its history. Your county tax assessor will have a record going WAY back of who owned it. You also need to read up on all of these happenings and you can learn a tremendous amount here reeding old threads. You may need to get someone that KNOWS what they are doing to do a cleansing and possibly evict a few troublesome spirits. This will often be as much of a cleansing for the people that live there as it is for the place. I am not saying that you are possessed or anything but the stress that you are experiencing needs to be relieved and as they cleanse the place if you will let it and release your fears and believe in the cleansing it is a cleansing for you as well.

Good luck. The good news is that your visitors seem to be more tricksters than threats to anything but your calm.