UFOs, orbs, or discarnate spirits?

Garth

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here - an Englishman living in London.

A few years ago I watched a documentary on YouTube. It started with a little old grandmother in a house somewhere in New England. She was drawing an entity that she claimed visited her at nights. She was a good artist, and it looked just lie your stereotypical 'gray'. Eventually her adult daughter and son-in-law also described the goings-on at night. The daughter claimed to be floated through her bedroom wall at night, while her husband (an engineer, a quiet modest, middle-class man) said he often woke to find himself paralysed. The daughter then related how these entities had also started taking her children at night, before breaking down in tears. "They can take me", she sobbed, "but NOT my children - PLEASE not my children!"

Eerily, the husband played back a home video they'd taken a few months earlier, of the pleasant countryside just outside their door, which included a stream running just a few yards away. He replayed it, then pointed out some strange orbs, like large bubbles, that floated some feet above the stream for a few seconds. If anybody knows the video I mean, I would love to hear from you. Anyway, the family was suspicious of these orbs and thought they were related to the goings-on.

In England in the 1600s, a woman on trial for witchcraft told of how the "spirits" used to come for her at night and float her through the wall of the cottage. It seems that some things just don't change - do they?! For that admission, she was condemned to death.

Reactions: ParanormalMom
I also do a lot of reading to try out what is going on. A fascinating and thought-provoking book I read recently in this regard is:

Lightquest: Your Guide to Seeing and Interacting With UFOs, Mystery Lights and Plasma Intelligences

by (English) author Andrew Little.

"Evidence now points to UFOs, mystery lights, and alien intelligences being far more exotic than we have ever imagined. They now can be seen as sentient energy forms and complex plasma constructs manifestations of a higher dimensional reality that has co-existed with the human race since time immemorial.... LightQuest is also a field guide to some of Britain and the United States' top UFO hotspots: where to go, what to do, and what exactly you might expect to see there. It also includes a creative visualization to be used by light questers worldwide to commune with the light intelligences in the hope of drawing them into manifestation. Some of the locations detailed include: Roswell, NM; Piedmont. MO; Marfa, TX; Allagash, ME; Brown Mountain, NC; Indian Head Rock, NH; Yakima/Mt. Adams, WA; Avebury, UK; Alton Barnes, UK; Warminster, UK; Aveley, UK; Peak District, UK; Rendlesham, UK; and the Dove Dale Valley, UK."

So, there is something for Americans too.

I have always said we are not alone in this universe. There have been many accounts of abuction's that take family generation. Years ago I seen a story were this lady was pregnant and she said she was abducted, and they took her baby. Everyone thought she was Looney/mad until her doctor came forth and said she was pregnant her blood still showed the pregnancy hormones. I wish I can remember were that happens but this was back in the mid 80's or early 90's. Can't quite remember it was completely bazaar.

East Texas Woman Claims Aliens Stole Her Baby Fetus, Still Visit

Last edited:
Yes, it's very weird. John E Mack and others wrote extensively about this abduction phenomenon. Whitley Strieber, after he wrote "Communion", got thousands of letters from people who had had similar experiences to his but were too embarrassed to tell anybody and were relieved to hear that they were not the only ones it was happening to.

Yes, it's very weird. John E Mack and others wrote extensively about this abduction phenomenon. Whitley Strieber, after he wrote "Communion", got thousands of letters from people who had had similar experiences to his but were too embarrassed to tell anybody and were relieved to hear that they were not the only ones it was happening to.
Welcome, Garth.

This phenom goes waaay back. It's had a recent resurgence in it's popularity as a theory for UFO's recently. Thanks for the book info, too.

Hello Debi,

Yes, and there are various aspects to it. Missing time, for instance. I enjoyed reading about the experience of Kary Mullis:

Kary Mullis: DNA, LSD and Alien Abductions - The Daily Grail

"I walked down the steps, turned right, and then at the far end of the path, under a fir tree, there was something glowing. I pointed my flashlight at it anyhow. It only made it whiter where the beam landed. It seemed to be a raccoon.

The raccoon spoke. “Good evening, doctor,” it said. I said something back, I don’t remember what, probably, “Hello.”

The next thing I remember, it was early morning. I was walking along a road uphill from my house. What went through my head as I walked down toward my house was, “What the hell am I doing here?” I had no memory of the night before.”

Back in the old Greco-Roman mythology, you got "gods" appearing as animals and abducting people - think of Europa and the bull. Now we've put a new slant on this phenomenon and refer to "aliens" or entities projecting "screen memories" into the minds of their victims.

Another fascinating book about orbs is:

Earth Lights: Towards an Understanding of the Unidentified Flying Objects Enigma - by Paul Devereux.

This was first published in 1982 and mentions Stonehenge, tectonic faults, and their relationship with these mysteries. Mr Devereux has done a lot of work out in the field and admits it's still a mysterious subject. The book is rather expensive to buy new, so I got myself a nice second-hand copy.

Fascinating. Maybe you can post it some time.