UFO over Great Salt Lake

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
UFO sightings above Great Salt Lake (4/25/2018: 2207 hrs) North of area 52 about 30 miles

Chinese lanterns?

Too much movement. The lanterns drift...this made some turns that don't fit, IMO.

I didn't see turns, looked like they drifted to me. Hard to say either way since the camera is not fixed. The verbal description given during their running commentary sounded like a lantern as well.

We used to make homemade "sky lanterns" (as we called them) back in t he 70s using dry cleaning bags, soda straws, and birthday candles. If you could get one of the blue tinted dry cleaning bags, it tended to give a sharper, more defined light/image. At least one of our lanterns was reported as a UFO, I've still got the newspaper article somewhere in a scrapbook.

Reactions: Debi
Too much movement. The lanterns drift...this made some turns that don't fit, IMO.
Sorry....I saw another vid a bit ago and that's the one with the turns. Sometimes I just have visual overload screaning so much stuff!

I think the problem is the the people taking the video did a horrible job. It’s hard to tell if the jerks of movement are the object or them moving the camera.

Couple points with this video:

1) This is basically the way we made our lanterns back in the 70s, same concept but a few components are different.

2) Although the image only lasts a few seconds, compare the image of the aloft lantern at the very end of this video to the images on the Salt Lake City video. To me they are virtually identical.

Last edited: