To err is human and to forgive is....difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
This past week, I discovered a youtube channel of past life regressions and have been alternately watching them and working while listening to them on in the background. What has struck me is how often someone will have a present day condition such as fibromyalgia, asthma or other medical condition which we would associate in present life with a biological etymology, but it's root is in past life trauma.

Often this trauma is more of the psychological kind, although there was one patient who had recurring pain all over his body and this was residual from a past life when he threw himself off a cliff in an attempt to take his own life.

So often however, what is at the root of the negative psychic block is the black energy of non-forgiveness. Once the patient forgiveness, he reports feeling much better and when he is out of hypnotic trance reports his symptoms disappear. Which leads me to ask...who have I not forgiven and how is it affecting me?

Any thoughts on this?

All I know is in my past lives I must have also thrown myself off a cliff, been trampled by a herd of wildebeest, run over by a train, and flattened by a steamroller to feel like I do... :p

Okay, but seriously, I have heard a few stories like this of immediate relief too. Makes you really stop and think.

I would like to know my mom's past, as she is deathly afraid of the water. I mean even getting her face wet in the shower - that bad. She must have drowned or something very bad happened with water.

Reactions: Debi
Although I am a reincarnationist, I don't hold to the concept that all ills of the current body are related to our past lives. I think a small portion of some illnesses may have some connection, but I'm not convinced of the Louise Hay mindset that all illnesses are linked to the mind. Yes, there IS a mind/body connection, but to put all causality for illnesses or phobias into one basket of past life experiences has just not played out as true, IMO.

NO ! Being put under a hypnosis is similar to anesthetic , we don't feel pain ! Once you have crossed over and then reincarnate , its a new beginning !

New beginning? Yes and no. Different body, same soul. The reset button is pushed but there is still karma and trauma in our cellular memory.

New beginning? Yes and no. Different body, same soul. The reset button is pushed but there is still karma and trauma in our cellular memory.
OK ! Then who do you forgive ? You would not recognize the person who you ought to have forgiven in the previous life ! Doesn't work that way !!!!! Karma is a constant ! Trauma is a warning !

Reactions: Debi
Although I am a reincarnationist, I don't hold to the concept that all ills of the current body are related to our past lives.
You wouldn't think so. I used to think maybe 10-15 percent of our present day ills were due to past life trauma. But just about all the regressions that I have seen this doctor do have brought up mostly anger and resentment (described as a dark energy by the doctor). He has nothing to do with Hay House, he is some doctor in South America. His regressions are done in Spanish, so I am able to understand most of it (90%). He sometimes uses fancy Spanish words that I may not understand. My Spanish is fluent, but basic. I discovered him because someone on another conspiracy site posted his videos and a translation of the entire session. I went to his youtube channel and have been hooked on the videos.

I wish I had remembered something when I went to past life regression. I did 2 sessions, but was not able to remember anything from a past life, but a few things that were traumatic from this life that I had completely blocked out. It explains why I had some fears. When I entered kindergarten, I did not know any English. It took me 3 months to learn it. Meanwhile, I was a 5 year old child not understood by anyone at school and not able to understand or make my needs known. I remembered the constant terror that I felt while being at school in the beginning. I thank God my parents at least put me in Catholic school so I was able to learn English from well spoken teachers. One of my fears had always been that I would wake up and everyone else would be speaking a language that I did not know. I think there was even a Twilight Zone episode about this that resonated with me. Now I know why.

Here is his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw8wFyUOP7QQtnr_YhExEBg

You wouldn't think so. I used to think maybe 10-15 percent of our present day ills were due to past life trauma. But just about all the regressions that I have seen this doctor do have brought up mostly anger and resentment (described as a dark energy by the doctor). He has nothing to do with Hay House, he is some doctor in South America. His regressions are done in Spanish, so I am able to understand most of it (90%). He sometimes uses fancy Spanish words that I may not understand. My Spanish is fluent, but basic. I discovered him because someone on another conspiracy site posted his videos and a translation of the entire session. I went to his youtube channel and have been hooked on the videos.

I wish I had remembered something when I went to past life regression. I did 2 sessions, but was not able to remember anything from a past life, but a few things that were traumatic from this life that I had completely blocked out. It explains why I had some fears. When I entered kindergarten, I did not know any English. It took me 3 months to learn it. Meanwhile, I was a 5 year old child not understood by anyone at school and not able to understand or make my needs known. I remembered the constant terror that I felt while being at school in the beginning. I thank God my parents at least put me in Catholic school so I was able to learn English from well spoken teachers. One of my fears had always been that I would wake up and everyone else would be speaking a language that I did not know. I think there was even a Twilight Zone episode about this that resonated with me. Now I know why.

Here is his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw8wFyUOP7QQtnr_YhExEBg
I kind of experienced that fear of communication but at a much older age when I went to school in Ecuador. I felt helpless to communicate the way I needed to, and ended up having a lot of really stressful dreams about that. Not being able to get your point across can be very frustrating. After a while I began dreaming in Spanish though, and by then I was a little less anxious in trying to get along day by day.

I can see where things that traumatized someone in this life can have an impact and I think many of our actions are based upon those things. I can even see where some fears might be based on a subconscious repressed memory from a past life that is held at what you refer to as a subconscious or cellular level. But I've seen many people with many interpretations of regressions and none hold a true constant baseline of fact. Many hypnotists that do regressions have methods that have some fault in them, as they go into sessions with preconceived notions and can manipulate outcomes, even through some very subtle cues done prior to actually regressing the person. I'm afraid I would need much more convincing that it has THAT much power in this life. I give it credit for some, but not for the total influence this man perceives it as having.

OK ! Then who do you forgive ? You would not recognize the person who you ought to have forgiven in the previous life ! Doesn't work that way !!!!! Karma is a constant ! Trauma is a warning !
In the regression videos, once the past life grudge is identified, the doctor asks if the patient is willing to forgive the person who wronged the patient. Some patients say no. This doctor does something different which I had not seen before, then again I have not seen many regressions. He asks the person if he could talk to the person who was abusive. Then he has a dialogue with both.

For example, in a past life "Mary" remembers being kicked out of her cousin's home as a teenager and had a difficult time. She never forgave her cousin for kicking her out. She did not want to forgive her cousin. The doctor asked if he could speak to the "cousin" in Mary's head. The patient, Mary said yes. Then the doctor asked the "cousin" why she had treated her family member like this. The "cousin" said it was because Mary had always been very pretty and the cousin did not like the way her fiancee looked at Mary and that he was always so interested in what Mary was doing. The cousin kicked her out to save her future marriage. The doctor then asked the cousin if she thought this was good, to turn her back on family over a man. He asked the cousin if her marriage was at least successful. The "cousin" said no. Her husband was bad to her and beat her. The doctor then asked the cousin if it was worth it to kick Mary out of the home, and if the cousin wanted to ask Miry for forgiveness. The cousin said yes. Then the doctor said OK, now I want to speak to Mary. He asked Mary if she would forgive the cousin now that she understood what had happened. Mary now said that she would forgive the cousin.

This doctor mentions spiritualism and a lot of new age type beliefs like God is everything that exists, basically the stuff Wayne Dyer and Hay House types generally say. I don't know if he is actually channeling other people during the sessions, but if we are all connected at a soul level, on some level we all know truths that we block from our consciousness. Anyway, the sessions seem to produce results.

Both he and Dr Brian Weiss say that they do what they do to elicit healing, not to prove anything is real or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.