The very first thing...

I like the idea of getting a single-story house too. So I guess a house would be the firs thing. I'd really like to get a boat too though, a nice 40-50', large enough to live aboard and cruise open water. I'd like to take it down to the Caribbean and cruise the islands. :anchor:

Well I knew there was a reason I fit in with so many of you ! A ranch house on an Alpine Lake. Because after a lifetime of heat and humidity I am looking for cool and dry :cool: and if I want to do something in the winter outside I could just drive down the mountain were there's no snow.
High ceilings so I can swing golf clubs in the house.:D And then I want a giant fun room. Just like in Downton Abbey. With a pool table and a fireplace and books and oversized furniture and a pinball machine. With heavy burgundy velvet drapes.
And a tennis court, but not for tennis. That would be for batting cages, shuffleboard, and a basketball hoop.

Well I knew there was a reason I fit in with so many of you ! A ranch house on an Alpine Lake. Because after a lifetime of heat and humidity I am looking for cool and dry :cool: and if I want to do something in the winter outside I could just drive down the mountain were there's no snow.
High ceilings so I can swing golf clubs in the house.:D And then I want a giant fun room. Just like in Downton Abbey. With a pool table and a fireplace and books and oversized furniture and a pinball machine. With heavy burgundy velvet drapes.
And a tennis court, but not for tennis. That would be for batting cages, shuffleboard, and a basketball hoop.
:cool: Can we visit?

It seems we all want similar things. A nice home, land, hobby and time to do it. I’m the same. I’d get tog with my small family and decide where we all wanted to live, then buy us all a little house there near each other. Then I’d breed horses and ride the range :D

Oh, a family compound. Sounds cozy Lynne.

Reactions: Lynne
I'd like a place in the west of France,in an old house in Brittany. an apartment on the Isle St Louis next to Notre Dame in Paris, a place in Morroco -a beautiful apartment built into a cave .. and unlimited air travel