The spiritual meaning of a leap day: engage with its energy - WeMystic

andressa-voltolini-H7WdV-dNRZE-unsplash-e1578672454231-960x640.jpg

The spiritual meaning of a leap day: engage with its energy

» 2020 Oracles Spirituality
andressa-voltolini-H7WdV-dNRZE-unsplash-e1578672454231-960x640.jpg

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to WhatsApp
Share to FacebookShare to PinterestShare to Twitter
A leap year is a year with 366 days. It is added an extra day, also called leap day (the February 29th) to the regular years with 365 days and it happens every four years. 2020 is a leap year, the last was on 2016 and the next will be on 2024. Before we understand the spiritual meaning of a leap day, it’s important to know that leap years were created by Julius Caeser in 45 BC, to adjust the annual calendar with the Earth’s translation and other seasonal events.

The standard calendar (Gregorian) has 365 days per year, while the Earth takes 365 days, 5 hours and 48 minutes to circle around the sun (tropical year). To compensate this difference, and avoid losing these 5 hours and 48 minutes each year, a leap day is added, the 29th of February.

Numerology and the spiritual meaning of a leap day
Depositphotos_137037538_l-2015-1024x681.jpg

For centuries, the leap day is considered to have important spiritual meaning, mainly due to the numerological significance. Generally, we can say that it creates a vibrational impact or an energy portal that allows us to make a leap in our lives, to move forward.

The proposal of numerology is that, assuming that the Universe is a system, it can be broken down into the basic elements, such as numbers. So, numbers contain significant meanings and energies and can be used to read the Universe, the events, life itself and us as individuals.

Full story at site

The number 29 has been strangely prominent in my life. So has the number 11. They both seem to come up with a frequency that seems like more than coincidence.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I don’t know if you noticed that 29 adds up to 11!! (2+9=11, 1+1=2).
Ok I feel silly because I wrote this before reading the article. It’s still an interesting relationship.

I don’t know if you noticed that 29 adds up to 11!! (2+9=11, 1+1=2).

Last year, 2019, I moved. During the shuffle, I had a storage locker that began with 29. I also had to stay in a hotel for a little while. My room number was 209.

That's one example of 29 showing up for me under meaningful circumstances.

Nothing particularly earth shattering happened for me yesterday, Feb 29th. But there was something I had been putting off for quite awhile because of timing and circumstances. Yesterday everything all just fell into place and the outcome just felt right.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi