The spell of music

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
Music speaks to us. It casts its spell and draws us into its energy, for better or worse. I had a friend in high school who played hockey and would listen to power rock before games to get pumped up. I myself had had energy spurts at the gym when a song I love came on. At nightclubs, the loud, pounding music helps people feel like dancing, when they would otherwise feel inhibited if they were at Aunt Edy's wedding and slower music was playing. I know songs by Michael Bubble certainly set the mood on a date.

So why does music have this power? Is is simply ascribed to energy? What say you?

Reactions: Indigo
it definitely has an effect on me. I have different cds for different scenarios. When I had 40 cars to see in one tow yard, the other adjusters were like" where the hell is that disco music coming from?". I banged them all out in 15 hours.:)

it definitely has an effect on me. I have different cds for different scenarios. When I had 40 cars to see in one tow yard, the other adjusters were like" where the hell is that disco music coming from?". I banged them all out in 15 hours.:)

AH ! Night at the Roxbury is your fav movie ? :D

music is a universal language. I consider myself a musician, not a good one, mind you, but a musician nonetheless. I've always been fascinated with why certain sounds trigger certain emotions. I wanted to go to college for music psychology / therapy.
My ultimate goal in music isn't to get famous or loved, it's to successfully control human emotion through sound. To find that perfect melody that makes you tear up, or the drum beat that your inner beast in compelled to move to. The Pied Piper story is very intruiging....

....and with that I realise that my intentions sound really sinister :eek:

Music definitely impacts me. If I listen to old Metallica or Slayer when I drive, I am more aggressive. If I stick to Fleetwood Mac, I drive slower and am more relaxed.

My ultimate goal in music isn't to get famous or loved, it's to successfully control human emotion through sound. To find that perfect melody that makes you tear up, or the drum beat that your inner beast in compelled to move to. The Pied Piper story is very intruiging....

....and with that I realise that my intentions sound really sinister :eek:
A comic book super villain in the making!! :p

Reactions: Indigo