The Slightly Haunted House Update

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Back in 2014, I posted about my slightly haunted house that I sold. Since then we have been following along on how this house has done with the new owners. This is the original post from 2014.

So, I sold a (slightly) haunted house

To add a bit to the story line, the two "spirits" over there are Jacob and Betty. Jacob was a young man who lived in my current house that was once our rental property who committed suicide in his mid 20's. His ashes are here on the property. The woman is my wicked mother in law...meaner than snot, mentally ill, she swore to never leave that house.

The latest is the current owners came over to tell us they were selling and moving back to their home state. The wanted to let us know that the two spirits are still active. Jacob appears on occasion and moves through the halls, but Betty is VERY active at times. They state she moves furniture and turns the lights on and off. They also report they often hear old TV shows playing when no TV is on and old radio shows playing. The current owner (wife) is a medium and she says they are so far listening to her demands to not intrude on their space, but I have to wonder what happens next when they sell it? Standing by just in case the new owners have issues over there.

The story continues of our slightly haunted house....

Back in 2014, I posted about my slightly haunted house that I sold. Since then we have been following along on how this house has done with the new owners. This is the original post from 2014.

To add a bit to the story line, the two "spirits" over there are Jacob and Betty. Jacob was a young man who lived in my current house that was once our rental property who committed suicide in his mid 20's. His ashes are here on the property. The woman is my wicked mother in law...meaner than snot, mentally ill, she swore to never leave that house.

The latest is the current owners came over to tell us they were selling and moving back to their home state. The wanted to let us know that the two spirits are still active. Jacob appears on occasion and moves through the halls, but Betty is VERY active at times. They state she moves furniture and turns the lights on and off. They also report they often hear old TV shows playing when no TV is on and old radio shows playing. The current owner (wife) is a medium and she says they are so far listening to her demands to not intrude on their space, but I have to wonder what happens next when they sell it? Standing by just in case the new owners have issues over there.

Very interesting story Debi and I'm sure there will be more to come. Will the new owners be as open? I guess you'll find out.

Reactions: Debi
Sending you positive vibes for the coming 10/3 [edited to correct month!] anniversary Debi. Hearing about your familial connections in this update reminds me of that date of importance to you. Fondly, WandS.

Reactions: Debi
Oops, I'm one month early on that wish. Too anxious for October to arrive I guess.

Would a person be able to burn the house down and free the spirits; even those who have refused to leave?

So when you sell a house in Indiana, do you have to tell perspective owners that the house is haunted ?

Would a person be able to burn the house down and free the spirits; even those who have refused to leave?
I truly think she has bound herself to the property itself. Not sure burning the physical structure would make a difference.

Sending you positive vibes for the coming 10/3 [edited to correct month!] anniversary Debi. Hearing about your familial connections in this update reminds me of that date of importance to you. Fondly, WandS.
Thank you. Did I mention that somewhere? :confused: