The Oldest Thing

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
40227946_2117961348235157_9128272209561780224_n.jpg

Reactions: damon
Either a rosary or a particular piece of luggage.

*First thing that came to mind was "Mrs Duke", but that might be taken wrong.

My sandals. 5 years old. Also a bunch of green tshirts from when I was in cadets. A couple are a decade old and still look new

Reactions: Debi and Paintman
A wrought iron patio furniture set - 52 yo , will be back in action next summer.
Various furniture from the 1920's thru 60's that I inherited and refinished.
Tools. Books. A dumbbell from the 60's. (What is very curious is, as that dumbbell gets older, it gets heavier.)
Golf clubs from the late 50's that are a hoot to swing once in a blue moon, and remind me to be grateful for modern technology.:)
My Catholic stuff.
My mom has two silver flatware service sets from the 1920s and we always use them 2-3x a year.
My Rawlings infielders glove from 1979. They still make that model and I really should replace it.

That would be either my maternal Grandmother’s piano or her Betty Crocker Cook Book. I’m uncertain which is older as both are over 70 years for certain.

Reactions: Debi and Paintman
Either a rosary or a particular piece of luggage.

*First thing that came to mind was "Mrs Duke", but that might be taken wrong.
I came "thisclose" to putting a disclaimer in that post about naming spouses...lol

Not sure about use but it does hang on my wall. A painting by William Calcott Knell circa 1850, one of his usual maritime subjects depicting a sailboat, I'll post a pic later when I get home

Reactions: Benway and Debi
Not sure about use but it does hang on my wall. A painting by William Calcott Knell circa 1850, one of his usual maritime subjects depicting a sailboat, I'll post a pic later when I get home
It's use is to be viewed so it counts...and you may possibly have the oldest item!

Reactions: TonyM