The Mandela Effect and You

She attacks him right at the very end, yes, but not by jumping on his back. The scene we remember was from earlier in the film, not at the end.
Oh, I see. Even so it is strange that the scene is now missing. I think I am going to watch that again.

Reactions: RoseRed
Sorry but by my recollection, it was always spelled JC Penney and I never heard that Mandela died in prison in the 1980s and the peanut butter was always spelled "Jif" and the WB cartoons were always "Looney Tunes" (not Toons) and the TV show was always "Sex AND the City."

The spelling of words and odd wordings in general are just things I've always noticed. For example, it has always bugged me that the "R" in Toys R Us is always written backwards in their logo. It seemed like a mean thing to do to kids who were learning to read.

I don't know about the other alleged "Mandela Effects" because I never paid much attention to them but, judging by the ones I'm familiar with, I am skeptical of all of them.
Yeah, I can agree with this. Many of these Mandela Effect anomalies seem more akin to misheard music lyrics than actual unexplained phenomenon. A friend of mine was convinced that the main chorus of the AC/DC song was "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief" but that's not anything supernatural.

However there are other claims that are curious to me. For example the actual effect this is all named after of Nelson Mandelas death. It's odd that so many people would remember the same incorrect information. For example I distinctly remember having my Saturday morning cartoons interrupted by the news and my Mother trying to explain to elementary school aged me what apartheid is and why this guy was important to stopping it. Fast forward a few decades and I'm at work in a meeting. When I get back to my office I hear voices, like there is a talk radio station being played in my office. This was weird because I didn't have a radio in there. It turned out to be my smart phone playing a live broadcast of the news about Nelson Mandela. Which was even more weird because I was in a meeting, didn't even have my phone with me nor did I ever even use it for live news broadcasts. How it turned itself on to broadcast something that I thought already happened years before is a mystery to me.

There is also the case of the movie Shazam where the comedian Sinbad played a magic genie. Lots of people remember this movie that never existed. One of the explanations is that people are misremembering the movie Kazam which starred Shaquille O'Neal as a genie. However I had conversations with people who swear they watched both movies, which one they liked better and even pointed to it being another example of two Hollywood studios putting out competing films like Tombstone and Wyatt Earp or Armageddon and Deep Impact. I never had interest in the Shazam/Kazam movie so never really thought about it much until I heard that one wasn't real. Now I'm wonder what movie my friends claimed they were watching.

Oh, I see. Even so it is strange that the scene is now missing. I think I am going to watch that again.
If it's in there, please let me know! :D I even scoured the internet for references to a different version of the film, like a director's cut or something, but there is only one version of it and that's the one I've seen multiple times. If you can find reference to another version of it, then I'd be fascinated to know as it would put to bed a huge mystery!

Reactions: garnetsilver