The Mandela Effect and You

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
The Mandela effect occurs when a large group of people believe an event occurred when it did not. This shared false memory phenomenon was dubbed "the Mandela effect" in reference to false memories of the death of South African anti-Apartheid leader Nelson Mandela in prison in the 1980s (he actually died in 2013, after having served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999.)

Have you ever experienced an occurrence of this phenomena, where you distinctly remember something differently than history recorded it?

Reactions: RoseRed and Benway
I remember listening to Art Bell the night he talked about Mandella being dead AGAIN! I have a distinct and certain memory of him dying in prison. I remember the news reports and everything. There are many more things on the list of Mandella effect that I remember being different too. Too many to remember and list lol.

as lynne stated, there are a lot of common ones i thought were different from what is known / claimed

Oh yea !!! I do remember that!! Is that changed now too?!!!
yeah, lol ,,, i guess the student was just arrested... but hey, at least he lived.....lol

yeah, lol ,,, i guess the student was just arrested... but hey, at least he lived.....lol
No way !!! He was murdered in front of the world on tv.

Reactions: Paulm
I had remembered the date of JFK's death incorrectly, since I was in kindergarten when it happened. I did remember my mother crying and seeing a funeral on television, then later remembering the date of the assassination as the date of the funeral. Several relatives and friends also remembered this incorrect date.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne