News The Border flood continues

No Sal, it looks like much! Sometimes the openess IS the much.

Reactions: sal
964907_4965968593898_1758439850_o.jpg

sorta looks like a scene from Road Warrior :)

Reactions: surge and Debi
It does!!! It has a certain beauty to it. Barren, but beautiful.

Reactions: sal
a rancher had his horses stolen and ranch ransacked by a couple of them down in Terlingua. I am so glad I bought shipping containers as a cabin.:)

Occasionally I travel to Terlingua and bring back minerals , very quiet and I enjoy the roads , very little traffic !

Reactions: sal and Debi
Sal, I envy the nighttime view you have of the sky, and such nice horizons, too. I've got so many trees and lights around that I never get a good look at the sky.

Reactions: sal and Debi
Sal, I envy the nighttime view you have of the sky, and such nice horizons, too. I've got so many trees and lights around that I never get a good look at the sky.
That is why I bought it . Being from NY , I never saw a sky like that. I swear there is something magical about it. As soon as the sun goes down, I set up the lounge chair and stare at the sky. In a strange way it brings me peace. My wife hates it, to quiet, my family thinks I have lost it,think I am becoming a prepper. I am glad though because it means no visitors:). IT is a dangerous place, mountain lions, rams, scorpions,enough rattlesnakes to make dinner every night but I sleep on that lounge chair and am never bothered. Except for one guy I named Fred
703588_10200130762578697_1249364338_o.jpg

He always comes around breakfast time for handout. He was probably domesticated because he comes right up to be petted on his nose. He loves scramble eggs and eats my ashtray out. He drinks a lot of beer too.

Reactions: surge and Debi
Awwww! I want Fred!!! I have a biiiig yard! He's ADORABLE!!! I'm actually afraid to ride horse like creatures, but I still love them. Years ago my hubs wanted to buy property down in your area. Although it's lovely, this bird needs her trees and lots of water. Spent a few nights down there, and I have to admit....the skies are different there. I'm a star gazer, too, and I'm blessed I live far enough away from all streetlights and such that I do get a somewhat better view out here, but it can't compare to what you get to see.

Reactions: surge and sal