The Best...

ive had a few teachers/instructors who were great and i really enjoyed their way of teaching. an english teacher with story after story that would capture your attention, a science teacher who once worked for nasa, who always had "guests" come in.... the one who stands out the most would probably be a high school math teacher who always had crazy ideas of probabilities and odds he used to explain how according to math, nothing is impossible. teachers who go above and beyond the standard curriculum to reach students and let them know someone actually cares.

Like others, it's difficult to name just one. I was fortunate to have had really good teachers throughout my academic career. As a group, I'm particularly thankful for all the English teachers I had at my local school system. Thanks to them I was able to test out of all my college English.

My high school chemistry teacher was the most difficult, demanding teacher I had until college. His class was hard, but he was a good guy and very fair. He prepared me more for college than any one teacher.

In college, I had two professors who were responsible for me graduating. My differential equations instructor was the single best teacher I ever had. I was fortunate to have, by luck of the draw, a phenomenal profeesor who taught the most critical math class in all of engineering.

The last was a good professor, but an even better person. I had four different classes under him, including our make-or-break "senior design project." For some reason, this gentleman took a liking to me early on, and somehow just happened to be around when I was struggling, down in the dumps, or just plain frustrated. "C'mon Duke, let's go down to my office," he'd say. This happened maybe four times, and he somehow seemed to be able to send me on my way with a different perspective on what ever had been bothering me.