That sound...

my dad's voice
I really miss talking to my dad. He was a man of few words, but whenever he spoke, you listened. I see myself in him more and more as i grow older. Regrets could come into play as there were many things i should have said to him, perhaps vice versa, but i guess we don't have to say everything we already know deep down. His birthday would've been coming up end of this month, so knowing i will not be able to wish him a happy birthday person to person, is not going to be easy. Losing a parent sucks. As much as i try to hold firm and know we will be together again someday, there is still a part of me that wishes we had more time.

I really miss talking to my dad. He was a man of few words, but whenever he spoke, you listened. I see myself in him more and more as i grow older. Regrets could come into play as there were many things i should have said to him, perhaps vice versa, but i guess we don't have to say everything we already know deep down. His birthday would've been coming up end of this month, so knowing i will not be able to wish him a happy birthday person to person, is not going to be easy. Losing a parent sucks. As much as i try to hold firm and know we will be together again someday, there is still a part of me that wishes we had more time.
There are no words to bring comfort, know we all hold you up in our hearts. Most of us in our age group are in the master class of loss. Your dad would be proud of how you are doing. You are helping others be conscious of the time they have with their people and to appreciate that time while they can. Thanks for sharing your experience Select.

There are no words to bring comfort, know we all hold you up in our hearts. Most of us in our age group are in the master class of loss. Your dad would be proud of how you are doing. You are helping others be conscious of the time they have with their people and to appreciate that time while they can. Thanks for sharing your experience Select.
Thanks, Lynne. I have lost quite a few close to me over the years. It never gets easier. I knew long ago there would be a day my parents would not be here. That did not prepare me. Just have to keep moving forward and unchanged in our beliefs. As generic as that sounds, it is the only thing that keeps me vertical.

Thanks, Lynne. I have lost quite a few close to me over the years. It never gets easier. I knew long ago there would be a day my parents would not be here. That did not prepare me. Just have to keep moving forward and unchanged in our beliefs. As generic as that sounds, it is the only thing that keeps me vertical.
I am taking your advice to heart because I know that I am facing that if life goes in it's proper order. I am spending as much time as I can with them and trying to say and ask all the things on my mind. I know it is going to be earth shattering and I take your words seriously. I think they will help others too

I am taking your advice to heart because I know that I am facing that if life goes in it's proper order. I am spending as much time as I can with them and trying to say and ask all the things on my mind. I know it is going to be earth shattering and I take your words seriously. I think they will help others too
Coming from experience, i spent time raising my fists to God. So angry as things and people were taken from me, bit by bit. I realized (after many bloody knuckles) it did not change anything. All i did was turn an already fractured faith into something that wasn't remotely me. I saw my lowest low. I saw the dark creeping up all around me. Not anymore. I say many things on site about my journey (i hate that term lol) to where i am now. I have grown as a person and whatever i say openly, it is not on a whim. My beliefs have never been as strong as they are now.

Coming from experience, i spent time raising my fists to God. So angry as things and people were taken from me, bit by bit. I realized (after many bloody knuckles) it did not change anything. All i did was turn an already fractured faith into something that wasn't remotely me. I saw my lowest low. I saw the dark creeping up all around me. Not anymore. I say many things on site about my journey (i hate that term lol) to where i am now. I have grown as a person and whatever i say openly, it is not on a whim. My beliefs have never been as strong as they are now.
I too have grown since coming here and you are right to call it a journey even if it is a much-used term. I can't help but think we are here to learn things and take those experiences back to the other side with us. Some days I feel like I have made progress and some days I feel I am back where I started. Having good friends helps a lot.

I too have grown since coming here and you are right to call it a journey even if it is a much-used term. I can't help but think we are here to learn things and take those experiences back to the other side with us. Some days I feel like I have made progress and some days I feel I am back where I started. Having good friends helps a lot.
We will never stop learning. We are human, so i like to think there is a learning curve while making mistakes over and over. Nobody is perfect. Anyone that ever claims they are, well, they are talking out their a-- lol. It's how you move forward and bringing those lessons learned with you. I can never say how it will be when we move past this life. Nobody can really. I don't believe we all have the same afterlife either. The road there may be the same, but what happens beyond the exit, that's the biggest question. Perhaps lessons learned forge that eventuality? Perhaps.

Never really listened to him, i think. There are a bunch of guys i work with that listen to different music, so perhaps i have. Will have to check him out, Oz. Music is never closed off to me, that's for sure.
You know Starboy and Call Out My Name, pretty good.

Reactions: Selectric