Take me out to the Ballgame....

I don't really care for baseball (Football is my love). But I do have a neat memory... I live in WI so our team is the Brewers (no love loss there lol). Anyways, let's go back 33 years. I was 12. 1982. Baseball was huge with all the kids in the apartment complex I grew up in- especially since a few Brewer families lived in the condo-townhouses kiddie corner to our complex. The only thing that separated us and them was a big field. Well, some of us (ages 10-15) decided to come up with our own team (our street was Barnard St.) so we called ourselves the Barnard Brewers. The kids along the street who didn't live in the complex called themselves something with a C (yah, I don't remember because they weren't my team haha). But we decided to have a big game one Saturday at the end of the summer. We worked all summer on it- made flyers, the guys all rallied together and mowed this huge field, made little benches, and us girls were cheerleaders and made Tshirts for the boys and us, the moms did hot dogs and drinks... Word got around and the big day came, and we have TONS of people in attendance- close to 100+! And guess who showed up in support? A bunch of the Brewers and their families! They signed autographs and were so cool! Rollie Fingers, Pete Vuckovich, Ned Yost, Cecil Cooper and Robin Yount came- all to support the kids, It was SUCH a big deal to us that they went out of their way to come- and not for a photo op or for money- just to encourage some little apartment rugrats. THAT was awesome :D
Great memory. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Armand
I just made plans to go to a tiger game on the 16th of may.
Former Nats pitcher Jordan Zimmermann pitches 7 scoreless innings onward to a Tigers win. Nats fans wish Jordan all the best.

Here is my favorite scene from one of my favorite movies. It shows that baseball is really a team sport.
Baseball brings back so much for us who are old enough to remember when it was okay to sit back and put things off like bills, jobs, health issues w/e. I think the problem now is the world went and got itself in a big damn hurry to go no where fast. We no longer have time to enjoy nine innings. Someone said on the radio tonight that statistics say worrying about something that may happen is actually more stressful than when it does happen, I think that was a message from god telling me to give myself a break.

Field of dreams is my favorite bball movie but I love them all, I cant recall a movie about it that I didnt like.

Tigers are now 3-0.

Baseball brings back so much for us who are old enough to remember when it was okay to sit back and put things off like bills, jobs, health issues w/e. I think the problem now is the world went and got itself in a big damn hurry to go no where fast. We no longer have time to enjoy nine innings. Someone said on the radio tonight that statistics say worrying about something that may happen is actually more stressful than when it does happen, I think that was a message from god telling me to give myself a break.

Field of dreams is my favorite bball movie but I love them all, I cant recall a movie about it that I didnt like.

Tigers are now 3-0.
Very, very good observation about life these days, Armand! And yes, give yourself a break! I think we all need to these days.

Reactions: Armand
The Chicago White Sox. Turning tea-toddlers into alcoholics since 1901!

hard to believe baseball is that old. The station i listen to (97.1 the ticket) said today was the coldest opening day at tiger stadium in 116 years!