Symbolism from Nature

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Just when I thought the sale of my home has gone through and having put a deposit on a new place I received a call from the buyers pointing out my current home in the bush has no council approval,delaying the sale.On walking outside,stressing,a large gumtree came crashing down in front of me as if to symbolize my plans crashing.It reminds me years ago when I was skint and went out and shot a roo for dog food not realising I had killed it's joey as well.I felt bad and went back to my home and almost instantly received a call saying my close friend had lost her unborn child.I feel as if nature is verifying or in some way punishing me for my smug or careless actions?

• Sad
Reactions: RoseRed
Recently (in the past few weeks) a Sexton Beetle flew into my house and then landed in the garden. I had never seen one before in my life, but weirdly, I knew what it was. I even had the presence of mind to photograph it.

Sure enough, when I Googled "Sexton Beetle" up it popped - exactly what I'd just seen. They are beetles that live their whole life cycle around the corpses of small creatures such as mice and voles. They bury these corpses and, in so doing, provide a crucial service in nature. Sexton is, of course, the job title of someone who buries the dead.

I took it to be an omen and couldn't shake the thought/feeling that it meant death. Sadly, a week or so later, we had some bad news.

I'm not saying it was necessarily a "bad" omen. It was just one that prepared me, mentally, for what was to come. In a strange way, I feel grateful for that.

Oh, I am sorry, Oz. I woke up this morning thinking of you and planning to ask how it was going on the plans for the new home! I'd probably have felt the same way if I'd seen those omens. But don't dwell too much on them, rather look around for new omens for what may still be possible. I know that's hard; last year when Mr. Garnet and me were house searching, we were disappointed of a very lovely home which was perfect in every way. But apparently ten other people felt the same, and they started a bidding war, and drove the price up way out of our reach. Then we found this home and, in many ways, it was even better for us. I hope the same will come to you!

Reactions: Lynne
Oh, I am sorry, Oz. I woke up this morning thinking of you and planning to ask how it was going on the plans for the new home! I'd probably have felt the same way if I'd seen those omens. But don't dwell too much on them, rather look around for new omens for what may still be possible. I know that's hard; last year when Mr. Garnet and me were house searching, we were disappointed of a very lovely home which was perfect in every way. But apparently ten other people felt the same, and they started a bidding war, and drove the price up way out of our reach. Then we found this home and, in many ways, it was even better for us. I hope the same will come to you!
Thanks garnet,I'd looked at a few houses but this one also had a huge barn that was converted to a home as well as the house.The barn was better than some of the other houses I'd seen.I think we end up where we are meant to be for whatever reason so it's just the way it is :cry: lol.Thanks for thinking of me,I must be throwing some vibes out for you to pick up on it,you are truly the most sensitive person ever.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Recently (in the past few weeks) a Sexton Beetle flew into my house and then landed in the garden. I had never seen one before in my life, but weirdly, I knew what it was.
That is strange Rose,I believe these are messages from nature.

I am gardening more now and growing a lot more food as well. Within the last year I have learned a lot and seen a lot as you have , that has caused me to rethink what I do in the garden. I now tread lighter than I used to.

I had made a pond mainly to act as a water reservoir but also to grow things in. It has attracted a frog and that helps keep the slug population down. I have also seen wasps taking a drink from it and used to hate the pesky things, but after seeing one eating a caterpillar on my cabbage I hold a different view of them now.

I used to spray greenfly, but now I encourage ladybirds instead and now they are everywhere and I can't see any greenfly.
I have two pet robins and a tame blackbird with a broken foot. I gave it food regularly when it was injured by a cat and now has raised 2 healthy offspring. I was out there yesterday in the sun just looking around and enjoying the sunshine - and noticed the blackbird on the shed roof 2ft from me doing exactly the same thing - just enjoying the sunshine and quiet.
I have built 3 bumblebee homes, one has been used, but they are awkward because they naturally use old mouse burrows. This year I saw a mouse under one of the borders so that should mean more chance for the bees later.

I'm starting to see how it all works together. We are part of this web because we can change the landscape to benefit nature, only most people don't see it that way.

Sometimes your efforts are fruitless. New plants just sit there and die despite you doing the best you can, while at other times you can find seedlings just start by themselves and thrive. I think the same may be true for us. Sometimes you can try in one direction and despite your best effort nothing comes of it, but you turn around and an opportunity drops in your lap. I tend to notice now when things are not meant to be - hurdles are thrown in your path on purpose to make you choose another path!

Just when I thought the sale of my home has gone through and having put a deposit on a new place I received a call from the buyers pointing out my current home in the bush has no council approval,delaying the sale.On walking outside,stressing,a large gumtree came crashing down in front of me as if to symbolize my plans crashing.It reminds me years ago when I was skint and went out and shot a roo for dog food not realising I had killed it's joey as well.I felt bad and went back to my home and almost instantly received a call saying my close friend had lost her unborn child.I feel as if nature is verifying or in some way punishing me for my smug or careless actions?
Oz, it may just be a fallen tree. The upside is that it didn’t hit you. It could be a good omen as well as a bad, or none at all. It’s easy to see the down side of things for some reason. Instead of expecting something bad, turn it around and see it as a near miss. Hopefully your deal will work our one way or another.

I am gardening more now and growing a lot more food as well. Within the last year I have learned a lot and seen a lot as you have , that has caused me to rethink what I do in the garden. I now tread lighter than I used to.

I had made a pond mainly to act as a water reservoir but also to grow things in. It has attracted a frog and that helps keep the slug population down. I have also seen wasps taking a drink from it and used to hate the pesky things, but after seeing one eating a caterpillar on my cabbage I hold a different view of them now.

I used to spray greenfly, but now I encourage ladybirds instead and now they are everywhere and I can't see any greenfly.
I have two pet robins and a tame blackbird with a broken foot. I gave it food regularly when it was injured by a cat and now has raised 2 healthy offspring. I was out there yesterday in the sun just looking around and enjoying the sunshine - and noticed the blackbird on the shed roof 2ft from me doing exactly the same thing - just enjoying the sunshine and quiet.
I have built 3 bumblebee homes, one has been used, but they are awkward because they naturally use old mouse burrows. This year I saw a mouse under one of the borders so that should mean more chance for the bees later.

I'm starting to see how it all works together. We are part of this web because we can change the landscape to benefit nature, only most people don't see it that way.

Sometimes your efforts are fruitless. New plants just sit there and die despite you doing the best you can, while at other times you can find seedlings just start by themselves and thrive. I think the same may be true for us. Sometimes you can try in one direction and despite your best effort nothing comes of it, but you turn around and an opportunity drops in your lap. I tend to notice now when things are not meant to be - hurdles are thrown in your path on purpose to make you choose another path!
A beautiful post. Nature works together to keep everything in check. We need to learn to live with nature instead of attacking it. Well stated

Reactions: RoseRed
Oz, it may just be a fallen tree. The upside is that it didn’t hit you. It could be a good omen as well as a bad, or none at all. It’s easy to see the down side of things for some reason. Instead of expecting something bad, turn it around and see it as a near miss. Hopefully your deal will work our one way or another.
Thank you Lynne,I like your thinking.Yes it could be a positive,if not I'll make it one.