Symbolism from Nature

I am gardening more now and growing a lot more food as well. Within the last year I have learned a lot and seen a lot as you have , that has caused me to rethink what I do in the garden. I now tread lighter than I used to.

I had made a pond mainly to act as a water reservoir but also to grow things in. It has attracted a frog and that helps keep the slug population down. I have also seen wasps taking a drink from it and used to hate the pesky things, but after seeing one eating a caterpillar on my cabbage I hold a different view of them now.

I used to spray greenfly, but now I encourage ladybirds instead and now they are everywhere and I can't see any greenfly.
I have two pet robins and a tame blackbird with a broken foot. I gave it food regularly when it was injured by a cat and now has raised 2 healthy offspring. I was out there yesterday in the sun just looking around and enjoying the sunshine - and noticed the blackbird on the shed roof 2ft from me doing exactly the same thing - just enjoying the sunshine and quiet.
I have built 3 bumblebee homes, one has been used, but they are awkward because they naturally use old mouse burrows. This year I saw a mouse under one of the borders so that should mean more chance for the bees later.

I'm starting to see how it all works together. We are part of this web because we can change the landscape to benefit nature, only most people don't see it that way.

Sometimes your efforts are fruitless. New plants just sit there and die despite you doing the best you can, while at other times you can find seedlings just start by themselves and thrive. I think the same may be true for us. Sometimes you can try in one direction and despite your best effort nothing comes of it, but you turn around and an opportunity drops in your lap. I tend to notice now when things are not meant to be - hurdles are thrown in your path on purpose to make you choose another path!
Good stuff Rowan.

Thank you Lynne,I like your thinking.Yes it could be a positive,if not I'll make it one.
Amen to that. Faith in the positive brings better things. You don’t want to fulfill your fears by putting faith in the negative. Some may say it doesn’t matter but I’d rather err on the side of the positive.