Stupid is as stupid does

I remember when I was a rifle coach (meaning I should have known better) and for some reason I didn’t think to site in the .22 I was given that day. So I missed the bulls eye by 18 inches, and the bullet hit a rock or something and bounced back into my buddy’s shirt! It didn’t hurt him but the round was still hot.

Always site in your guns people!

I', afraid the internet would run out of ink if I told life-threatening moments. i did, however, get hit with 480 once a conveyor was set up to blow a circuit when a part would jam so the motor wouldnt burn up. I usually opened the door to the box hit the breaker and all is well, over a few years of this i put my finger on a live current felt the vibe goes through me I broke away and sat decided to go to the beak room sat there starring straight ahead for a half hour i felt my insides cooked.

I', afraid the internet would run out of ink if I told life-threatening moments. i did, however, get hit with 480 once a conveyor was set up to blow a circuit when a part would jam so the motor wouldnt burn up. I usually opened the door to the box hit the breaker and all is well, over a few years of this i put my finger on a live current felt the vibe goes through me I broke away and sat decided to go to the beak room sat there starring straight ahead for a half hour i felt my insides cooked.
Oh that had to be horrible.

Lab I worked in had some ancient old kit with a recessed socket with two prongs with a wee plate above saying 500v DC, 'I wonder if this is live'? Yes it was and that hurt and of course still alive, just...

Done anything really daft life threatening or otherwise?

Long story short, a guy was outside the store asking for rides (red flag number one) so I agreed. Started driving and asked where he needed to go, he said "the court house" (red flag number two). As I was driving to the court house he started messing with my radio (red flag number three). Still a couple miles from the court house he said to drop him off at his friends house (blaring red sirens), as soon as he stepped out of my car I floored it.

Long story short, a guy was outside the store asking for rides (red flag number one) so I agreed. Started driving and asked where he needed to go, he said "the court house" (red flag number two). As I was driving to the court house he started messing with my radio (red flag number three). Still a couple miles from the court house he said to drop him off at his friends house (blaring red sirens), as soon as he stepped out of my car I floored it.
Oh boy , close call for sure !