Stepping outside of....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever stepped outside of your "comfort zone" and found out it's not as bad out there as you thought? I did last night by calling a "play by play" on the Superbowl for T-Bob...lol I've also done it by going to places I've had a fear of...like high places and getting on an airplane.

What have you done outside of YOUR comfort zone and how did it work out for you? Would you do it again?

th

Oh, and coming out of the "broom closet" years ago was not a piece of cake! It's now part of my comfort zone, but back then...not so much.

Reactions: Lynne
Most of you know learning and participating in a forum was WAY out of my comfort zone. I've learned a lot and made a 2nd family

Another one they comes to mind was having a baby. Hardest thing I ever did

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
Like Lynne, joining and participating in an open forum was not normal for me; not from the internet/software/computer skills angle, but from a social angle. Opening up to people is out of my comfort range. This forum and the forum administration and forum members said to me " it's okay, we are friends " and I almost immediately felt welcomed and accepted as a family member. I have told Debi and others this before, there is an air of goodness about this forum.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
OK, my turn. High places. Yes, I do my job high in the air sometimes. Not just ladders but steep roofs, 86' boom lifts, ledges above busy downtown streets, walking high iron. Scares the snot out of me. But that's OK (aka = Not OK), But I respect it. Still, I do the job, swear I'm never gonna do that again :eek:, and repeat.
In general. First time I bring a guy up there, he is pooping his pants. I say me too. Say respect it. Do all the safety stuff, but if/when that fails, do all the anecdotal moves that survivors told us. (Ride a ladder down, spread eagle, throw away from the scaffolding.)
And when you are done, it makes everything in the lunch box taste better.;)

Like Lynne, joining and participating in an open forum was not normal for me; not from the internet/software/computer skills angle, but from a social angle. Opening up to people is out of my comfort range. This forum and the forum administration and forum members said to me " it's okay, we are friends " and I almost immediately felt welcomed and accepted as a family member. I have told Debi and others this before, there is an air of goodness about this forum.
Most of you know learning and participating in a forum was WAY out of my comfort zone. I've learned a lot and made a 2nd family

Another one they comes to mind was having a baby. Hardest thing I ever did
You two have just come such a looong way and I'm so honored you trusted me and the other members to take the chance here! WE have benefited from YOU being here!

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
OK, my turn. High places. Yes, I do my job high in the air sometimes. Not just ladders but steep roofs, 86' boom lifts, ledges above busy downtown streets, walking high iron. Scares the snot out of me. But that's OK (aka = Not OK), But I respect it. Still, I do the job, swear I'm never gonna do that again :eek:, and repeat.
In general. First time I bring a guy up there, he is pooping his pants. I say me too. Say respect it. Do all the safety stuff, but if/when that fails, do all the anecdotal moves that survivors told us. (Ride a ladder down, spread eagle, throw away from the scaffolding.)
And when you are done, it makes everything in the lunch box taste better.;)
Oh man, I hear ya. I'm dizzy on a step stool and have horrible vertigo.