Stepping out in fashion....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU FOLLOWED THE FASHIONS OVER THE YEARS? DID YOU WEAR THE "THING" OF THE DAY? THOSE DISCO OUTFITS? THE BELL BOTTOMS OF THE DAY? (THOSE ARE COMING BACK, BTW!) THE CLUNKY SHOES THAT COULD BREAK YOUR ANKLE WITH ONE WRONG MOVE? EARTH SHOES THAT MADE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WERE WALKING UPHILL?

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE FASHION ERA? AND WHAT DID YOU TRY YOU NOW REGRET WHEN YOU SEE THE PICTURES?

I never really did follow any fashion beyond the last couple of years of high school in the mid 1970's which was mostly down to peer pressure, what was available in the shops and what my mother bought me. At that time it was mega flared jeans in some garish colour, platform shoes, tanktops and awful hair cuts. That was the last time ever following the crowd. Not conservative at all I did my own thing after that until now.

I was the hippie chick and what we now know as Goth at times...except there was no "Goth" back in that day! lol Ahead of my time. :p

Now, I did spend a week with a sprained ankle from those dang platform shoes. OMG...I almost killed myself in those. And hair? I have horror stories...I was once 16 colors in 12 months. Some of it was an accident. And, if green hair had been a thing back then, I would have rocked that for two weeks instead of wearing a scarf to cover that accident. lol

I remember going to Disco's as a young teen in the late 70's."Staying Alive" days.My main dress was skin tight white jeans, a luminous blue velour jacket and purple high heel boots.I thought I was a chick magnet,but my thoughts and dress were way off line lol.

I remember going to Disco's as a young teen in the late 70's."Staying Alive" days.My main dress was skin tight white jeans, a luminous blue velour jacket and purple high heel boots.I thought I was a chick magnet,but my thoughts and dress were way off line lol.
Disco...bad clothes, bad music! lol Was never my thing. Although the purple high heel boots sound interesting....lol

Oh I’d love to see a pic. I bet you were hot stuff ! The 70s was a great decade. Fun music and I was young too. :)

I bought off the rack so I’m sure whatever jc penny or Kmart had on sale was trendy :D

I spend most of my time in jeans and cowboy boots. The cut of the jeans changes with the times I guess. I’m pretty simple.

Oh I’d love to see a pic. I bet you were hot stuff ! The 70s was a great decade. Fun music and I was young too. :)
I thought I was but I think I had greasy hair and pimples in those days lol.

Reactions: garnetsilver