Stepping out in fashion....

I thought I was but I think I had greasy hair and pimples in those days lol.
At that age everyone is in the same condition, except the lucky few. It was a good time. I’m in my late 50s now, I miss the feeling of having so much life in front of me.

At that age everyone is in the same condition, except the lucky few. It was a good time. I’m in my late 50s now, I miss the feeling of having so much life in front of me.
Yeah Lynne, I know what you mean,I'm kind of coming to terms with aging and finding it a more relaxing and spiritual time for me.A bit of time to see what we have learned.But I do miss the excitement and the unknown of being new on Earth,just the same, I don't want to do it again lol.

I was a teen of the 80's , on the coast, which meant if you dressed preppy it was unfortunately the Miami vice look of pastels and sports coats or the magnum pi look of Hawaiian prints.....lol, and then there was the skin tight nylon pants and stuff of the "club" look.... remember this was the early days of break dancing, flash dance and club Mtv...lmao....... thank goodness there were no cell phone cameras back then.......I did dress the style every so often but my wardrobe finally became all black and white. easy to mix and everything always matches....lol

I can relate about the platform shoes, Debi! I badly sprained an ankle coming home from high school one day, and that ankle became unstable after that. I badly sprained the same ankle again, while trying to roller skate years later. Now you couldn't pay me to even wear high heels for five minutes.

As for fashion, I briefly followed the trends while in high school, but then I usually set my own fashion style. I loved jeans, simple plaid shirts or t shirts for casual wear, sneakers or sandals. I did briefly wear Dr. Scholl's wooden sandals until I accidentally kicked myself in the shin. Ouch!l

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I can relate about the platform shoes, Debi! I badly sprained an ankle coming home from high school one day, and that ankle became unstable after that. I badly sprained the same ankle again, while trying to roller skate years later. Now you couldn't pay me to even wear high heels for five minutes.

As for fashion, I briefly followed the trends while in high school, but then I usually set my own fashion style. I loved jeans, simple plaid shirts or t shirts for casual wear, sneakers or sandals. I did briefly wear Dr. Scholl's wooden sandals until I accidentally kicked myself in the shin. Ouch!l
OMG...I forgot about those wooden sandals! Dear heaven's, why were they ever invented and why were we stupid enough to buy them? lol Things were killers.

Heels? I now have a medical reason forbidding me to wear them, but I have always hated them.

OMG...I forgot about those wooden sandals! Dear heaven's, why were they ever invented and why were we stupid enough to buy them? lol Things were killers.

Heels? I now have a medical reason forbidding me to wear them, but I have always hated them.
My chiropractor insisted that I not wear even one inch heels and he was so right! When I think of how I tortured myself with those things...:confused:

Reactions: ozentity and Debi

I had a pair too.

Blue jeans, tee-shirt and vans have been a constant of mine for as long as I can remember

Reactions: Lynne
Disco...bad clothes, bad music! lol Was never my thing. Although the purple high heel boots sound interesting....lol
Don’t go disin my disco music! Best ever dance groove.

I had at least a half dozen pairs of Angel Flight polyester bell bottom slacks. I wore those things proudly until at least 1985. In fact, if I could shoehorn my 38” butt into a pair of those 28” slacks, I am certain you all would be seeing a photo of that tragedy right here.

Don’t go disin my disco music! Best ever dance groove.

I had at least a half dozen pairs of Angel Flight polyester bell bottom slacks. I wore those things proudly until at least 1985. In fact, if I could shoehorn my 38” butt into a pair of those 28” slacks, I am certain you all would be seeing a photo of that tragedy right here.
I’m with you !! Bring on the disco music and the spinning silver ball. Great dancing music.