St. Patty's Day Fun

I don't have any special plans for St Patrick's Day. I will wear some green and I will drink a non-green beer. Ha ! I just remembered I did make a few green beers one year.

I have not been to Ireland, but I have visited a few Irish Pubs, in and around my home. I don't eat cooked cabbage, but have enjoyed a few Irish meals.

I do enjoy a few Irish bands and love their accents when introducing their songs.

I hold the belief that everyone who wants it becomes an honorary Irish[man,woman] on St Patrick's Day.

My neighbor, who is not Irish ( to my knowledge) is an Irish dance instructor. I participated in a few Irish dances as directed by her at a party.

Last edited:
I am always wearing some shade of green cuz it's my favorite color, earth colors seem to have a calming effect on me :D So yes I will be wearing green :)
My Mother has some Irish ancestry, my Sister and I plan to do a genealogy thing when we have the money.
My day will be spent with my little leprechaun :p

Reactions: Ragnar0711
In 1994, I took Mrs Duke, our daughter, and my mother-in-law to Ireland. While on Achill Island (small island off the west coast in Mayo), we ate lunch in a rustic little pub that had a sign advertising "live music" that evening. My MiL had wanted to hear traditional Irish music since we'd arrived, and was quite excited about going back to the pub that night.

We got there fairly early (by Irish standards) to get a table near the tiny stage. We had a nice dinner, then waited for the music. Eventually the band arrived and began to set up, and around 10pm they went on stage.

They opened the show with Johnny Cash's classic hit, "Ring of Fire." As luck would have it, we picked the pub where an Irish band that performed American country and western music was playing. The most bizarre thing I heard that night was the female lead singer with a very pronounced brogue sing a medley of Willie Nelson songs.

MiL, who was a C&W fan, took it all in stride, and did get to hear traditional Irish music a few nights later in Donegal.

I don't really have any solid plans. Will definitely be wearing green, I'm part Irish so it seems like blasphemy if I don't. I will cook some corned beef and cabbage even though it's not actually something they eat in Ireland, but I balance that by serving it with colcannon which is a traditional Irish dish.

I've never been to Ireland but I would like to go someday.

Reactions: Ragnar0711