St. Patty's Day Fun

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As you can see by my little green owl avatar, St. Patrick's Day approaches.
Got any plans for the day?
Will you be wearing the green?
Have you ever had green beer?
Ever tried to do an Irish jig?

Ever been to Ireland?
Give me some Irish memories!
(The one place I always wanted to visit but never got to!)

This is our Irish everything thread!

333446537_723940069449218_2293043093762327747_n.jpg

Will be going out with my daughter and her best friend (SPD is her birthday) to the same Irish pub (in Covington, KY) we've been going to since 1997. I act as the designated driver on the way home.

Best SPD memory was back in the late 80s at a famous Irish pub, The Dubliner, just off Capitol Hill in DC. I spent the better part of the afternoon/early evening hitting on an older woman who turned out to be the First Lady of Kansas. Later in the evening I saw a very drunk Ted Kennedy stagger by me on his way to the men's room.

I've been to Ireland well over a dozen times, and I hope I'm still around to take my granddaughter over in 4-5 years. My best memory of Ireland was from Mrs Duke's first visit, early 90s. As we toured around the countryside, we would stop each morning to buy homemade bread, fresh farm cheese, and a bottle of French wine for our lunch.

One particular day, the weather was perfect, and we decided to eat our lunch in the courtyard of a two hundred year old Catholic church in the middle of nowhere. The bench we sat on overlooked the parish graveyard, with a gentle breeze blowing and goldfinches singing in the trees around us. One of the most peaceful moments of my life.

I would love to visit Irland and Scottland, they sound so beautiful. I am not Irish, but I love the local pub corn beef and cabbage. My husband doesn't like it, so I don't make it at home for myself. Once a year I get the treat.

I would love to visit Irland and Scottland, they sound so beautiful. I am not Irish, but I love the local pub corn beef and cabbage. My husband doesn't like it, so I don't make it at home for myself. Once a year I get the treat.
We love corn beef and cabbage. I hope to be making it soon. I always try to get enough to make Rueben's the next day. YUMMY!

savannah has a parade and party that is kinda a big deal down here.... all the fountains and beer will be green and the people will get a little outta control..... i try to avoid that now but was fun at one time.