Small Collection of EVPs

Don’t take my first comment personally. I criticize everything including evidence I’ve collected personally. It builds credibility when you can show you’ve tried disproving your real experiences before sharing.

I’m another freelance investigator here btw. I’ve helped disprove a hoax someone brought to the forums attention. If you ever wanna get into that kind of critiquing, let me know

Reactions: Spectre80 and Lynne
Hey everyone.....I'd like to share a few examples of some incredible evps. These are just a few examples that I've been lucky enough to capture throughout the years. Some of these are from personal residence cases, while others are from some famous locations. If you first click on the title of the track (not the play button) it will open up to give a brief explanation of the clip. I do apologize as the next clip plays immediately after the previous one is done playing. I'm not sure why soundcloud does this.
Collected evidence is definitely not easy to come by. I have spent hundreds of hours meticulously reviewing evidence to get one's like these. It would be a waste if I just let these sit on a disk on a dusty shelf in my office. This is why I like sharing these with people who I know will enjoy them. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

special note: The entire Villisca axe murder house clip is the evp......none of the voices caught are of anyone living today.

link:
Brian McGilvra
Finally had time to listen. These are amazing. The axe murder house discussion is really something although I couldn’t make out the words. I used headphones too. Were you able to make it out ? I don’t have a computer. Good job catching these.

Reactions: Spectre80
Finally had time to listen. These are amazing. The axe murder house discussion is really something although I couldn’t make out the words. I used headphones too. Were you able to make it out ? I don’t have a computer. Good job catching these.
Thanks Lynne
In the Villisca clip, this is what I believe is being said (from what I can understand)
The first lady says "Well the coroner is on his way here now"....second female/or same female in different tone says "Now the sheriff is waiting to take pictures" then a male voice comes in and says "Come over, come over...Oh lord" then the female again says "How long do you think...about an hour?" then there are overlapping female and male voices saying multiple things. Towards the end the more prominent female says "Why would I not know....God d@m!t Walt!" followed by the male saying "Stop it!"

I've had multiple people listen to this clip numerous times over the years. I did find out through some old news paper archives that the neighbor Mary Peckham (the women who went over with the Josiah's brother the next morning and discovered the bodies) was from the New York area. When you listen to the clip it's interesting the accent the women has.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Thanks Lynne
In the Villisca clip, this is what I believe is being said (from what I can understand)
The first lady says "Well the coroner is on his way here now"....second female/or same female in different tone says "Now the sheriff is waiting to take pictures" then a male voice comes in and says "Come over, come over...Oh lord" then the female again says "How long do you think...about an hour?" then there are overlapping female and male voices saying multiple things. Towards the end the more prominent female says "Why would I not know....God d@m!t Walt!" followed by the male saying "Stop it!"

I've had multiple people listen to this clip numerous times over the years. I did find out through some old news paper archives that the neighbor Mary Peckham (the women who went over with the Josiah's brother the next morning and discovered the bodies) was from the New York area. When you listen to the clip it's interesting the accent the women has.
This is really a great catch. Nice work. Thanks again for letting us listen.

Reactions: Debi and Spectre80
The demonic mockery one. That’s the only one so far that sounded otherworldly. That was freaky.

As for the villisca ace murder house, how did you get such clear audio? I’m impressed.
Hi Charleh,

Thank you.......but I can only credit it to being in the right place at the right time. That house (the Villisca house) had been super active that whole night. We checked and for sure, that house absolutely did not have any running electric to it. From the start of the evening we were getting emf readings where there shouldn't have been any. We were getting high intermittent readings inches off the parlor floor, up in the bedroom near one of the bed posts to a very successful control session in the kids upstairs bedroom. One of the oddest emf readings happened to be in the pantry early in the evening. It was there, would hang around for a minute and then nothing...back to zero. So when it was time to leave the recorder going while we stepped out, thats where I put it. I've caught some amazingly weird evps over the years, but to me this one still baffles me. I could be wrong but I have a theory about this capture. I have a theory that it might be an audio recording of residual activity taking place.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Don’t take my first comment personally. I criticize everything including evidence I’ve collected personally. It builds credibility when you can show you’ve tried disproving your real experiences before sharing.

I’m another freelance investigator here btw. I’ve helped disprove a hoax someone brought to the forums attention. If you ever wanna get into that kind of critiquing, let me know
I know exactly what you mean. I've been debunking and critiquing since day one.
I can tell you that in regards to the Villisca clip.....we tried debunking the heck out it. Since we came in, got the recorder and went back outside to play it back....we knew right away we had caught it. Even though it was very early in the morning we still ran around the outside of the house checking for people. Our first thought was that someone was walking down the street or in between houses and the voices could be heard inside. That being said, we couldn't find anyone out that early in the morning. The house next door was vacant at the time and had a for sale sign in the yard. I also had someone stand inside while I went outside and talked in a loud voice. The sound of my voice did not bleed through the walls. We also checked the drawers, cabinets, stove and freeze box for microphones and or speakers of any kind (just in case). All in all we could not debunk this evp in any way.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been debunking and critiquing since day one.
I can tell you that in regards to the Villisca clip.....we tried debunking the heck out it. Since we came in, got the recorder and went back outside to play it back....we knew right away we had caught it. Even though it was very early in the morning we still ran around the outside of the house checking for people. Our first thought was that someone was walking down the street or in between houses and the voices could be heard inside. That being said, we couldn't find anyone out that early in the morning. The house next door was vacant at the time and had a for sale sign in the yard. I also had someone stand inside while I went outside and talked in a loud voice. The sound of my voice did not bleed through the walls. We also checked the drawers, cabinets, stove and freeze box for microphones and or speakers of any kind (just in case). All in all we could not debunk this evp in any way.
That had to be an exhilarating feeling. So you think it was the spirits of the murdered victims talking about the situation ? I’m not familier with the story there.

Last edited:
That had to be an exzilleraring feeling. So you think it was the spirits of the murdered victims talking about the situation ? I’m not familier with the story there.
It's very exhilarating.......my jaw dropped to the floor in complete disbelief. I couldn't believe what I was hearing out of that recorder from a house we just stepped out of.....a house we knew without a shadow of a doubt was completely empty. My theory is that it's either the disembodied voices of the spirits of the people who discovered the murdered bodies......or a evp recording of a residual playback of the events that took place after the murders involving the people who were there after it happened. I'm really leaning towards theory number 2. You see, the neighbor Mary Peckham who lived right next door and Ross Moore (the murdered fathers brother) were the ones who discovered the bodies the morning of and contacted the authorities. It has been rumored that Mary felt very guilty for not knowing something was happening next door the night before. It has also been rumored that she took the murders very hard and that it changed her. The person who now currently lives in what was her house used to think there was more to the story. At one time he even started tearing up floorboards and walls looking for Mary Peckham's lost diary.

Reactions: Lynne
It's very exhilarating.......my jaw dropped to the floor in complete disbelief. I couldn't believe what I was hearing out of that recorder from a house we just stepped out of.....a house we knew without a shadow of a doubt was completely empty. My theory is that it's either the disembodied voices of the spirits of the people who discovered the murdered bodies......or a evp recording of a residual playback of the events that took place after the murders involving the people who were there after it happened. I'm really leaning towards theory number 2. You see, the neighbor Mary Peckham who lived right next door and Ross Moore (the murdered fathers brother) were the ones who discovered the bodies the morning of and contacted the authorities. It has been rumored that Mary felt very guilty for not knowing something was happening next door the night before. It has also been rumored that she took the murders very hard and that it changed her. The person who now currently lives in what was her house used to think there was more to the story. At one time he even started tearing up floorboards and walls looking for Mary Peckham's lost diary.
I love a good mystery and it seems this is one. Good investigating. Keep us posted if you do more there.