Small Collection of EVPs

I know exactly what you mean. I've been debunking and critiquing since day one.
I can tell you that in regards to the Villisca clip.....we tried debunking the heck out it. Since we came in, got the recorder and went back outside to play it back....we knew right away we had caught it. Even though it was very early in the morning we still ran around the outside of the house checking for people. Our first thought was that someone was walking down the street or in between houses and the voices could be heard inside. That being said, we couldn't find anyone out that early in the morning. The house next door was vacant at the time and had a for sale sign in the yard. I also had someone stand inside while I went outside and talked in a loud voice. The sound of my voice did not bleed through the walls. We also checked the drawers, cabinets, stove and freeze box for microphones and or speakers of any kind (just in case). All in all we could not debunk this evp in any way.
Speaking of time, how often do you synchronize your evp recordings with time stamped video? That’s a great way to back up claims

Reactions: Lynne
Speaking of time, how often do you synchronize your evp recordings with time stamped video? That’s a great way to back up claims
I have always time stamped my video and audio. When I start a session and end a session I always say the time. In fact one thing that I have also always done is tag everything that I can. If you tag properly and record the time with every session you really don't have to exactly synchronize your video and audio together. Reason being, if you start your audio at 9:05 and then start your camera at 9:12 (verbally stating the time once recording begins on either device) you already know one starts 7 min. after the other. Plus when going room to room, if you hear or see something you always tag it then "heard unexplained thump at 10:22". Synchronizing is nice when you can do it, but not necessary when proper tagging and stamping is done. If you work with small team you can even designate someone as the recorder for the evening. Their job is to take notes the entire time. This way they can record all pertinent information. If your on separate floors you can radio to them and the group what time something started or what time something was heard or witnessed. I also keep notes from cases I've done......let's say you wanted to know when a picture of a shadow figure was taken in the basement of local house I did 8 years ago. I could go back right now dig up the files and notes and I could tell you. I do agree with you, synchronizing your equipment when you can is extremely useful.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I have always time stamped my video and audio. When I start a session and end a session I always say the time. In fact one thing that I have also always done is tag everything that I can. If you tag properly and record the time with every session you really don't have to exactly synchronize your video and audio together. Reason being, if you start your audio at 9:05 and then start your camera at 9:12 (verbally stating the time once recording begins on either device) you already know one starts 7 min. after the other. Plus when going room to room, if you hear or see something you always tag it then "heard unexplained thump at 10:22". Synchronizing is nice when you can do it, but not necessary when proper tagging and stamping is done. If you work with small team you can even designate someone as the recorder for the evening. Their job is to take notes the entire time. This way they can record all pertinent information. If your on separate floors you can radio to them and the group what time something started or what time something was heard or witnessed. I also keep notes from cases I've done......let's say you wanted to know when a picture of a shadow figure was taken in the basement of local house I did 8 years ago. I could go back right now dig up the files and notes and I could tell you. I do agree with you, synchronizing your equipment when you can is extremely useful.
Been following along on this thread. VERY interesting stuff and very good insights, Spectre. Thank you!

Reactions: Spectre80 and Lynne