SHTF: what do you bring to the table?

If anyone invites me to stay in their fallout shelter, I'd be happy to tastefully paint and tile it. Priorities. I do try to store and rotate food stocks. I call my pantry 'aisle 6.' I have two ash trees being split into firewood. Extra batteries, quality flashlights, emergency weather radio, candles scented, plus family nearby, and they store food. 5 gallons of extra gas is handy.
Tornadoes are the real concern.
Great topic!

That certainly puts my meager harvest to shame; although I have had a bumper crop of jalapenos and habaneros.
On a dare i once ate an entire habanero..... Lets just say my mouth burned, my tongue swelled up. That has to be one of the stupidest things i've ever done. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Hopeless and surge
A modern day Carrington Event, a meteor strike, an economic collapse... the mechanism won't really matter if the world crumbles around us and the niceties of civilization begin to fall away. In such a situation, strength and safety will be found in numbers, so which skill do you possess that would make you valuable to a group of people? Our skills will become our currency, and being proficient in Worlds of Warcraft won't exactly be a marketable asset! Medical training or engineering knowledge? Gold.
I respectfully submit that if I told you what I bring to the table, I'd have to then kill you for having the knowledge. :p

k5785546.jpg