SHTF: what do you bring to the table?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
A modern day Carrington Event, a meteor strike, an economic collapse... the mechanism won't really matter if the world crumbles around us and the niceties of civilization begin to fall away. In such a situation, strength and safety will be found in numbers, so which skill do you possess that would make you valuable to a group of people? Our skills will become our currency, and being proficient in Worlds of Warcraft won't exactly be a marketable asset! Medical training or engineering knowledge? Gold.

I was on a fishing trip one time. We made "cowboy coffee." Heat a container of water, throw grounds in bottom, let them sit until desired strength. Pour gently to avoid grounds in cup. Still better than instant coffee.

I was on a fishing trip one time. We made "cowboy coffee." Heat a container of water, throw grounds in bottom, let them sit until desired strength. Pour gently to avoid grounds in cup. Still better than instant coffee.
I can remember my dad using one of these things to make his coffee on the stove top. We had an electric pot, but he liked the taste of the coffee from the stove top pot better.

473bbf8328de2aae71520ad3451b9e7c.jpg

Reactions: Laura