Questions???

Thank you for commenting! I feel like I am ready to speak about these occurrences and learn more about them, and possibly why they occur. It's helpful when others can relate to these experiences, because I understand not everyone has had things like this happen, and the people who have witnessed some of these things with me often end up very confused and afraid. I will be elaborating more on the things I mentioned in my original post throughout the thread when I have time to type it all in in detail. I look forward to any input or shared experiences!
I have had to become very cautious about the people I share things with, since I have alienated or even lost friends and acquaintances. that's why I like to come here!:)

Welcome Lou to the PNF. I hope the members and guests here can help bring you some relief.

The difficult part about these kinds of occurrences is that, though many of us experience them, we are still uncertain of the exact causes. However, we do have some fairly well practices processes for how to mitigate, prevent, or control some of them; and, we freely speculate and share our ideas for “how” these events occur.

For the moment, you should know that you are free to share here with the trust that we will not ridicule you. We will provide whatever support that we can. It will probably help us to help you if you will post more details about those events which you have the strongest memories of. Very short statements are sometimes easy to accidentally take out of context.

Thank you for commenting! I will be sharing more in depth about the occurrences stated in the original post within the thread when I have time to get to them all :) I will elaborate on the pet statement, as it was a very vivid memory dealing with death for the very first time. I will also explain my great grandmother's funeral.
Until I was about 8, I was very confused about the finality of death because the explanation did not match what I was experiencing. I remember the first time my mom sat me down and explained what death was. I was 5, and our dog passed away. She explained that when a living thing dies, we have to say goodbye because their body has worn out and their spirit goes to Heaven. She then took me to see the dog, and showed me that it was "dead". She explained that dead meant the body is still, and that once something was dead it would never wake up again. My dad buried the dog in our yard, and showed me that was what was done once something had died. I was sad, because I understood what they were saying paired with what I was being shown. Of course, until the next morning when the dog was going about it's normal routine. I saw it running outside around the play area my parents had set up for our 2 dogs. It even chased the other dog like it used to, and the actual living dog ran from it and barked like it had every other time they played together. I was immediately confused, and asked my mom why she said that the dog would never wake up again when she was clearly outside running around. My mom had no idea what I was talking about, and explained things again. She told me it was okay to miss our dog, but nothing can bring her back and that it was okay to be sad, but I still needed to understand I would never see her again. I kept seeing her until my parents got rid of all her old toys, dog bed, and changed the location of the play area in the yard.

When my great grandmother passed away, she was very old, almost 97. She was frail, and needed a wheelchair and live-in nurse for the last year or so of her life. I remember her very well, because my family would take me to visit her and she would let me play with her porcelain dolls she never let anyone else touch, and spoil me with cookies, homemade candies, and cakes. I was the first great granddaughter, so she always called me "her favorite girl". When she passed away, I was 8 years old. At the time, it was the first funeral I had ever attended. I remember going to the viewing, and there being so many people in the funeral home. There was a mix though, happiness and sadness. The people I came with were all very sad, but the people in the other room seemed to be laughing. I went to one of the more joyous rooms while my family visited the wake, and I saw something I will never forget. My great grandmother was -standing- there, dressed in the same clothes she often wore for holidays or special occasions, talking with people I did not recognize. I walked over to them, and she turned around and took my hand, and smiled at me. "There's my favorite girl!" she said. She told everyone there how much she loved me and how wonderful it was to have gotten to know me, and how much fun we always had at her house when I would come visit. She then said it was time for me to go be with my family, to comfort them and told me to go back to the other room, so I said goodbye and I did. I sat on the bench in the lobby for the rest of the time. When we got home, I asked my mom why she cried the whole time and didn't go say hello to great grandma in the other room. Of course she had no idea what I was talking about. We never talked about it again, and I have not told anyone since because no, that is not how funerals normally work at all.

Greetings!! I think that you will find this group very accepting and understanding. Most of us have had some experiences in our life that led to our search for answers to questions that most people seem to feel are more than somewhat odd. I am a limited clairvoyant and like you have "seen" things in my mind's eye that were not in the normal order of time. I call this "remembering" the future. I have not been visited by those that have passed but have experienced the sad feeling of knowing that someone that I cared about was going to die.

I believe that the problem if you want to think of it that way, is that the world that we live in and experience is like a book. We exist on one page at a time. Nonetheless, the "book" exists as many pages. Everyone can revisit the pages from before. Some of us can visit the pages yet to come. In my experience, the "memories" of the future are just as real and just like the ones from the past that I experienced. I don't see this as really being a supernatural experience. Imagine if all the people in the world were color blind. A child that was born with full-color vision would see a lot of things that others missed. If nobody else could see it the would doubt the things the child tried to describe. In a world where all anyone saw were tones of black and white thee wouldn't even be words for red or purple or colors at all so the child wouldn't even have words to describe what they saw.

When living things die all it may mean is that the physical part of that being had housed the rest is being left. I wonder sometimes if what we think of as a body might be more akin to a cocoon. The body is a temporary shelter for the life force. When that life force moves on the body becomes inert and dead. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed it can only be changed. When the life force leaves the body I suspect that to often hangs around for some time. It does this to close out the books of that life if it feels that there are things that it needs or wants to do before moving into new places. That same special child that could see colors may also "see" the very special colors that make these energies visible.

What I offer you is this...You need to stop trying to only see the black and white world and accept the "colors". You are not crazy, you just have an ability that is rare. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are not comfortable with people that are different. Your problem is that you are a child of that sort of belief and so you are having a hard time being comfortable with yourself. Stop doing that!! Accept that you are special, NOT DIFFERENT and that this is a gift if you will choose to make it so.

while the death of friends is sad we have something special. We KNOW that there is something on the other side of the veil. We KNOW that when someone dies it is more like a visiting friend going home and that you will have the opportunity to be with them again. For us, death is more like having a friend move to another town. You won't see them as often but they are not truly gone from this world. You need to accept your abilities and stop feeling in some way responsible for things. If you witness an accident that act of seeing it in no way makes you responsible. you see the future...that is your total responsibility for it. You just see it. you didn't cause it and you can't change it.

The only thing that you can do is decide if it is worth the problems that you will experience when you try to tell people about these things. They are blind and no matter how hard you try the can never see a rainbow. This frustrates them and makes them uncomfortable. the wonderful news is that the internet allows those of us that can "see" to find each other so we don't have to feel alone anymore. While I don't "see" as much as you do, I can "see" and so am not confused or made uncomfortable by your experiences. If anything I envy your ability.

Greetings!! I think that you will find this group very accepting and understanding. Most of us have had some experiences in our life that led to our search for answers to questions that most people seem to feel are more than somewhat odd. I am a limited clairvoyant and like you have "seen" things in my mind's eye that were not in the normal order of time. I call this "remembering" the future. I have not been visited by those that have passed but have experienced the sad feeling of knowing that someone that I cared about was going to die.

I believe that the problem if you want to think of it that way, is that the world that we live in and experience is like a book. We exist on one page at a time. Nonetheless, the "book" exists as many pages. Everyone can revisit the pages from before. Some of us can visit the pages yet to come. In my experience, the "memories" of the future are just as real and just like the ones from the past that I experienced. I don't see this as really being a supernatural experience. Imagine if all the people in the world were color blind. A child that was born with full-color vision would see a lot of things that others missed. If nobody else could see it the would doubt the things the child tried to describe. In a world where all anyone saw were tones of black and white thee wouldn't even be words for red or purple or colors at all so the child wouldn't even have words to describe what they saw.

When living things die all it may mean is that the physical part of that being had housed the rest is being left. I wonder sometimes if what we think of as a body might be more akin to a cocoon. The body is a temporary shelter for the life force. When that life force moves on the body becomes inert and dead. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed it can only be changed. When the life force leaves the body I suspect that to often hangs around for some time. It does this to close out the books of that life if it feels that there are things that it needs or wants to do before moving into new places. That same special child that could see colors may also "see" the very special colors that make these energies visible.

What I offer you is this...You need to stop trying to only see the black and white world and accept the "colors". You are not crazy, you just have an ability that is rare. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are not comfortable with people that are different. Your problem is that you are a child of that sort of belief and so you are having a hard time being comfortable with yourself. Stop doing that!! Accept that you are special, NOT DIFFERENT and that this is a gift if you will choose to make it so.

while the death of friends is sad we have something special. We KNOW that there is something on the other side of the veil. We KNOW that when someone dies it is more like a visiting friend going home and that you will have the opportunity to be with them again. For us, death is more like having a friend move to another town. You won't see them as often but they are not truly gone from this world. You need to accept your abilities and stop feeling in some way responsible for things. If you witness an accident that act of seeing it in no way makes you responsible. you see the future...that is your total responsibility for it. You just see it. you didn't cause it and you can't change it.

The only thing that you can do is decide if it is worth the problems that you will experience when you try to tell people about these things. They are blind and no matter how hard you try the can never see a rainbow. This frustrates them and makes them uncomfortable. the wonderful news is that the internet allows those of us that can "see" to find each other so we don't have to feel alone anymore. While I don't "see" as much as you do, I can "see" and so am not confused or made uncomfortable by your experiences. If anything I envy your ability.
Dan, let me say this...I think this is the best explanation I have ever read. Thank you for posting this and with your permission, I would like to use this as an educational thread here on site, credited to you, for others.

Thank you very much for that explanation! Likening what I have seen to being someone who sees color in a world of black and white describes what I have been seeing perfectly. I understand that many people do not share this ability, but I am interested in knowing whether or not there is a way to have better control and/or understanding of these things so they are no so shocking in the future.

I have had many things come to pass that I have "seen" happen before they do, whether it be a thought, or a feeling like you had stated. I know I couldn't do anything to change the outcome of the things I have seen, and I understand I didn't have anything to do with their occurrence. However, it does come as a shock when it happens.

Seeing the dead and other possible entities has been confusing, but also comforting because I know physical death is not the end of our lives, but rather a transition into another state of being.

Who would I talk to regarding what I have experienced? There are so many people who feel as if my experiences threaten the validity of their own belief systems, and it is difficult to find open minds. This forum is the first place I feel like I have found people who know what they're talking about in regards to the true world around us!

Thank you very much for that explanation! Likening what I have seen to being someone who sees color in a world of black and white describes what I have been seeing perfectly. I understand that many people do not share this ability, but I am interested in knowing whether or not there is a way to have better control and/or understanding of these things so they are no so shocking in the future.

I have had many things come to pass that I have "seen" happen before they do, whether it be a thought, or a feeling like you had stated. I know I couldn't do anything to change the outcome of the things I have seen, and I understand I didn't have anything to do with their occurrence. However, it does come as a shock when it happens.

Seeing the dead and other possible entities has been confusing, but also comforting because I know physical death is not the end of our lives, but rather a transition into another state of being.

Who would I talk to regarding what I have experienced? There are so many people who feel as if my experiences threaten the validity of their own belief systems, and it is difficult to find open minds. This forum is the first place I feel like I have found people who know what they're talking about in regards to the true world around us!
Lou, I wish I could tell you there was an on/off switch, but there isn't. After many years, it's simply become "part of life" for me and many others. The shielding I've described helps, and you don't need to actively "work" to keep those in place other than once in the morning and once at night. When you put those shields in place with intention, you move the energy into that position. It will stay for awhile. Everything we do in the psychic world involves intentional moving of energy.

I would recommend you read some of the threads here to gain some base knowledge. This will help you understand a bit more, and I know the wonderful members here will be glad to answer questions as you go along.

The important thing that this board can do for you is that you now know that you are not alone in this. I have actually only had two people in my life that I could be totally open with. I learned young that if you share with the wrong people they will betray you and tell people that you are crazy or trying to just get attention. I think that for most people it is impossible for them to imagine that there are things that are REAL that they can't perceive.

To some extent, I see those of us that have these different abilities and sense as almost a different race of human. Sadly being different is never a good thing. It is getting better. It was better in the past. My Great-grandfather was a Water Witch and had several abilities and was respected and much sought for his ability to find water for water wells. this ability is still used but hidden because it makes some people freak out. water Witches are pretty common. I know a guy that works for a cable company and he spots water lines and marks them before they start to dig so they don't bust water pipes. He is called a surveyor but uses bent copper rods to survey an area.

Slowly I think that people will become more comfortable with people with odd talents. The changes in Religious tendencies are making it easier. A lot of the "born again Christians" were just awful to anyone that was different from them in any way. I was told that I was going to hell and called a demon spawn more times than I can count back in the 70s. Their biggest problem with me was that I refused to judge and hate anyone and worse I knew the Bible better than they did. My Dad was a Lay Minister. He didn't inherit any of the talents but was accepting of them. My Mother was a sensitive but it terrified her and she rejected it and any mention of it.

LOL, When my wife and I got together she was a skeptic. Now she is if anything even more intuitive than I am. Once she started accepting it she became amazingly good at knowing things that there was no way that she could know. After 47 years we can look at each other and just seem to skip past speaking and go straight to knowing what we want and are going to do. It used to drive my Daughter crazy. My wife would look at me, I would roll my eyes and get up and leave. My Daughter would ask her Mom where I was going and she would laugh and tell her that I was going to the store to get some ice cream. Nothing was ever said and when I came home with ice cream my daughter would want to know how we did that.

If you will let it, your talents will make your life a lot more interesting. Shed the shame and forget the fear and you will find that there is a wonderful world out there that the color blind people can never see. You weren't taught how to do it because they can't do it. Open yourself and take control and what you will find will be worth the hassle you have experienced. It is like learning how to selectively hear. When you are in a noisy room full of people you can nonetheless focus and only actually hear the person that you are talking to and tune out the rest as just noise.

To some extent, I see those of us that have these different abilities and sense as almost a different race of human. Sadly being different is never a good thing.
Sad but true! I hope fervently that things for those that are perceived as different will improve, as well. When I was a kid, we had our home terrorized by neighbors because of those differences. It was if we were seen as some kind of invading aliens, and we didn't know to hide our abilities, and to this day I have PTSD because of those experiences.

BTW, awesome post, Tex!