Questions???

Thank you, everyone who has commented and is supportive of my quest to gain a better understanding of the true world around us! I come from a Roman Catholic family, and have always been regarded as "the black sheep" of the family.

I am ready to embrace the gifts I have, and I am not afraid of judgement anymore because I have had enough experiences to show me I am not just someone with an overactive imagination.

Of course I may remain reserved with the people around me, but you guys are now my "safe place" where I can share and listen to others' stories, and hopefully learn much more about myself in the process.

If there is any concern, it is the sights and intuition I have regarding fire and electricity in particular. Does anyone have any thoughts on that? I have a feeling it may have to do with the particular energy those elements possess. Maybe I am more sensitive to that energy as opposed to others?

I feel like the sight I have experienced may help me along my journey in this life and I am definitely going to listen to it from now on instead of trying to over analyze everything, worried that I am somehow crazy. Life is full of wonders, and I am ready for them all. Thanks again!

You might want to look into the qualities of the "elements", Lou. We are normally drawn to one or two of them. Fire and electricity fall in the same category.

Do a bit of research on it.
Four Elements Symbolism

That article was very enlightening! I do wonder if I have an affinity toward fire because I am a Leo, and if my astrological sign has anything to do with the abilities I have. I was also born within the height of the Perseids meteor shower, if any physical association can be made there. I have always enjoyed watching the falling stars on my birthday :)

Reactions: garnetsilver
I can elaborate on the mention of fire premonitions.

The first was the neighbors farm house when I was 17. I woke up around 2am, and felt a "buzz" around myself that instantly disturbed my sleep. I went downstairs and got a drink of water, and came back to my room. It was a clear night in November, and I was watching the clouds roll past the moon while smoking a cigarette. I normally wouldn't be looking out the window at night, because the night always gave me a certain "jitter" so I had a tendency to avoid it at the time. I have always been afraid of the dark since I could remember, but this time was different; I was comfortable in just sitting there watching the moon and clouds roll by. I just sat there, for about 15 minutes or so looking out the window until I saw a glowing from the neighbors house. When I looked at it, I saw the windows explode, and the entire house caught almost instantly. It was an old 1800s schoolhouse, so I understand why it caught so quickly. I sat there absolutely stunned, then ran downstairs to call 911 and tell my parents. It was very unsettling, because I had been doing something out of the ordinary paired with the buzzing feeling while I watched it happen. After the fact, the fire was attributed to old wiring that had gone bad, starting a fire in the walls.

I was walking out of my favorite store up north in my home state after shopping, and in the midst of conversation with my sister about kayaking (and other 21 year old things) had a thought randomly occur of the store completely engulfed in flames and collapsing around the rubble. The same photo I had seen in my thoughts was aired on a news broadcast later in the week.There was absolutely nothing about the store that would insinuate that it would burn, or otherwise be comprised in any way in reality. It was distressing, so I immediately pushed the thought out of my mind. I had a funny look on my face and my sister asked what was wrong. So, I told her "do you ever get thoughts of things happening when you're in a certain place" and when she asked what I had on my mind, I told her. She didn't think much of it at the time, but when the store burned down a week later she called and said "Louise...it burned down. Don't you think that's weird? After what you said?" and I did not know what to say. My sister and brother are by far the most supportive, because they have each had their own experiences as well, but rarely speak of them.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
You mention a sort of affinity to sensing fires and electrical things. I think that there is something in the basic attraction that paranormal people have to elementals. In my family, we seem to lean towards being water witches. You lean to fire signs. I have a third cousin that is some sort of air witch and she can feel and predict a storm long before it gets close enough for any normal ability to foresee it. They live in tornado ally and this is a great thing for her family. I have read of people that can sense and dowse solid things like gold and metals. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Ancient people have always looked to these as being special to special people.

You mention a sort of affinity to sensing fires and electrical things. I think that there is something in the basic attraction that paranormal people have to elementals. In my family, we seem to lean towards being water witches. You lean to fire signs. I have a third cousin that is some sort of air witch and she can feel and predict a storm long before it gets close enough for any normal ability to foresee it. They live in tornado ally and this is a great thing for her family. I have read of people that can sense and dowse solid things like gold and metals. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Ancient people have always looked to these as being special to special people.

What you've said makes sense about the elements because I can also sense storms before they come, and often feel very anxious and energetic before they arrive. Sometimes I get awful headaches before a bad storm, and have to sit in the house for a while until they pass. Nothing bad happens during the storms, but I often feel that way before they arrive.

I know that fire is always unsettling because I can "feel" the energy coming off it. It's very difficult to explain, so normally I avoid intentional fires whenever I can. They just make me feel "weird" whenever I am in their presence. Do you think I should be embracing that energy instead of avoiding it, in order to get better in-tune with things, to gain a deeper understanding? I know everyone is different, but perhaps I should be listening to my instincts rather than avoiding them.

Reactions: 7Critter
SO well said.

QUOTE="TexDanm, post: 594530, member: 3993"]Greetings!! I think that you will find this group very accepting and understanding. Most of us have had some experiences in our life that led to our search for answers to questions that most people seem to feel are more than somewhat odd. I am a limited clairvoyant and like you have "seen" things in my mind's eye that were not in the normal order of time. I call this "remembering" the future. I have not been visited by those that have passed but have experienced the sad feeling of knowing that someone that I cared about was going to die.

I believe that the problem if you want to think of it that way, is that the world that we live in and experience is like a book. We exist on one page at a time. Nonetheless, the "book" exists as many pages. Everyone can revisit the pages from before. Some of us can visit the pages yet to come. In my experience, the "memories" of the future are just as real and just like the ones from the past that I experienced. I don't see this as really being a supernatural experience. Imagine if all the people in the world were color blind. A child that was born with full-color vision would see a lot of things that others missed. If nobody else could see it the would doubt the things the child tried to describe. In a world where all anyone saw were tones of black and white thee wouldn't even be words for red or purple or colors at all so the child wouldn't even have words to describe what they saw.

When living things die all it may mean is that the physical part of that being had housed the rest is being left. I wonder sometimes if what we think of as a body might be more akin to a cocoon. The body is a temporary shelter for the life force. When that life force moves on the body becomes inert and dead. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed it can only be changed. When the life force leaves the body I suspect that to often hangs around for some time. It does this to close out the books of that life if it feels that there are things that it needs or wants to do before moving into new places. That same special child that could see colors may also "see" the very special colors that make these energies visible.

What I offer you is this...You need to stop trying to only see the black and white world and accept the "colors". You are not crazy, you just have an ability that is rare. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people are not comfortable with people that are different. Your problem is that you are a child of that sort of belief and so you are having a hard time being comfortable with yourself. Stop doing that!! Accept that you are special, NOT DIFFERENT and that this is a gift if you will choose to make it so.

while the death of friends is sad we have something special. We KNOW that there is something on the other side of the veil. We KNOW that when someone dies it is more like a visiting friend going home and that you will have the opportunity to be with them again. For us, death is more like having a friend move to another town. You won't see them as often but they are not truly gone from this world. You need to accept your abilities and stop feeling in some way responsible for things. If you witness an accident that act of seeing it in no way makes you responsible. you see the future...that is your total responsibility for it. You just see it. you didn't cause it and you can't change it.

The only thing that you can do is decide if it is worth the problems that you will experience when you try to tell people about these things. They are blind and no matter how hard you try the can never see a rainbow. This frustrates them and makes them uncomfortable. the wonderful news is that the internet allows those of us that can "see" to find each other so we don't have to feel alone anymore. While I don't "see" as much as you do, I can "see" and so am not confused or made uncomfortable by your experiences. If anything I envy your ability.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Lynne