Possible research help?

Halen

Reaction score
So the other night me and some good friends decided to break out the ouja board in my car out on the street of my house and we started talking to a few spirits and the ending one was strange. His name was Jared hikom and he said he was killed by the KKK and was kiddnaped in Alabama. We talked to him for a while until I asked him if there were any spirits around us and he said yes and we asked if there were any spirits that lived inside of my home and he said yes and so we asked what his name was and he continued to say Jared and it turns out we have been speaking to the ghost that sometimes lives inside my house. He said he was in heaven and he listens to everything we talk about inside my house. Me and my family joke about him all the time and call him “Phil” he said he loved the nick name and was preferred to be called Phil. He said my family had a very great heart and he said he likes to do things so we know he is there and he described some of the things that he has done and even apologize after I said that some of it scared me. He seems really great but I was just wondering if anyone could find any research about him he said his name is Jared Hikom (spelt like that) he died in 1932 he was a white man trying to “defend” against the kkk and he was also kidnapped in or too Alabama. He said he has two kids and a wife. Sorry this was super long just thought you guys might want to hear my experience or know anything about the 1930s! Thanks!!

Hi again, Halen. (I talked to Halen on a PM for those wondering...lol)

OK, before you get hit with it, let's talk that Ouija board. It's a tool, not a toy. You open portals. And you know how that planchette moves? That's a spirit or possible demon moving it by connecting to your body. Truly not a good idea. You also open portals/doors for it to come through, and when you do and don't do it correctly, it's the equivilant of opening your front door and yelling, "Hey! Come on in!" And that means anyone can enter. Bad guys among them. And when you don't close it (if you can), that spirit or demon gets to follow you around and stay with you. Bad, bad idea.

Next, anything this "spirit" told you is subject to suspicion. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you can't trust the information. If you want to check out the name to see if it actually is a person, you will have to go through some work. Starting locally helps if this spirit claims to be living in your home as they usually don't wander far from home base.

I'll let the others chime in here for you, but it's New Year's and kinda slow so check back for more comments over the next few days.

Reactions: NobleHouse
Thank you! I have done quite a bit of research about the boards myself and I feel as if I did it very safely and made sure I closed the portal correctly. Not going to lie after reading that it does make me regret it a little.

Reactions: Paintman
Lots of easy sources to get you started, you are fortunate "he" has such an uncommon last name. Start with a Google search, then findagrave.com, and Social Security Death Index. Then go to any/all of the genealogy websites, they have forums where you can post messages for family names for genealogical research. (Friendly advice, don't mention ghosts or the paranormal, ask question as if you are doing family research.) I'd also check the county records office where you live for birth/death certificates in that name, as well as local LEO records for that name. Also, go to your local library and look through the microfiche of local newspapers for 1932. Finally, there are any number of pay-for-service outfits like Spokeo who can find people with that name in any state.

Hi Halen. Welcome aboard.
Anything that Debi has to say on the matter is top-notch advice. I don't know if I can really add anything but my little voice is telling me to relate this story. My mom and her childhood friend we're talking around the dinner table this past Christmas. They are both in their early 70s, and used to use a Ouija board together. Table tipping and automatic writing, and would visit psychics. Needless to say they are really into it and have been doing it for a long time. I just sat there at the table with my chin in my palm and listened. It was a fascinating discussion. And it sure as heck wasn't all sweetness and Light.
They brought up stories about mutual friends and psychics that picked up a bad entity. It was a negative attachment. The negative attachment turned their lives into hell. Not just for them but also their family. This ranged from lost jobs and homes, to miscarriages and horrible drug problems. And when their lives started to unravel it happened very rapidly and almost did not make sense why these things were happening. My mom and her friend we're very careful and probably walked away unscathed.
That's just my observation of their observations. And like the desk sergeant on Hill Street Blues would always say," Let's be careful out there.";)

Reactions: Debi
Lots of easy sources to get you started, you are fortunate "he" has such an uncommon last name. Start with a Google search, then findagrave.com, and Social Security Death Index. Then go to any/all of the genealogy websites, they have forums where you can post messages for family names for genealogical research. (Friendly advice, don't mention ghosts or the paranormal, ask question as if you are doing family research.) I'd also check the county records office where you live for birth/death certificates in that name, as well as local LEO records for that name. Also, go to your local library and look through the microfiche of local newspapers for 1932. Finally, there are any number of pay-for-service outfits like Spokeo who can find people with that name in any state.
will spokeo work with long dead people? thought it was to find contact info for living people.

Reactions: Debi
Used oujia board when I was 12 did it alone scared the hell out of me when I took my fingers off it the plancha made a figure 8 pattern by itself I put my fingers back on it and closed the connection what is the figure 8 symbol mean on oujia board I was so scared I destroyed the board have used one later with friends once or twice but won't use it again worried something bad would happen

Reactions: Debi and ozentity
will spokeo work with long dead people? thought it was to find contact info for living people.

Those services do a public records check, so in theory they would find documentation/records of birth, death, census, arrests etc.

In this case, census records would be a great resource. I'd start with the 1930 records to see if the guy and his children even existed. If they did, then it would be easier to track the children and any subsequent grandchildren through obits.

Welcome to the forum. You’ve gotten good advice on using the Ouija board. I agree with Oz, just don’t use them.

I hope you stay and look around. We have a lot of interesting information. Pull up a chair.