POOF! You're a kid again!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
(Thanks to Paintman for this question of the day!)

If you were a kid today, what new stuff would you really like?
From books and movies, TV, music trends, food, fashion, cars, game, movie stars and sports heroes!

Reactions: Phoenix
I would go bananas with all of the great superhero movies that are out lately.:) Plus there are a lot of paranormal and criminal mystery shows that are head and shoulders better than what we had in the late 70s early 80s.
Granted I have not seen any of the superhero movies or but a few cable TV paranormal shows, but if I was a kid I would be tuning in.
During 5th grade we were introduced to CS Lewis' Narnia series. Today I bet I would be a Harry Potter fan.
Today I seriously doubt that I would like OJ Simpson.;)

The wildlife doco's with the great filming these days,internet,the music is a great let down now.I think the freedom they have now to express who you really are without the persecution.The great animated movies the little ones have now.

I have not grown up enough I guess. I have seen all the super hero movies. I like the realistic play farm and animal toys they have now. If I was a kid I would love those toys.

Well, Harry Potter is already on my "I may be an adult but love me some Harry Potter" list. And the toys kids have available now? Ohhhh yes. My Christmas list would be long and expensive! lol Paranormal TV shows would be high on my watch list, and I'd certainly be a lot more techie wise than I am now if I'd been raised with it.

Remote control airplanes, boats, off road trucks, and construction equipment are so cool.:cool: One of these days I'm going to buy a Catalina seaplane.

It's pretty amazing how Nerf technology has evolved:D

Remote control airplanes, boats, off road trucks, and construction equipment are so cool.:cool: One of these days I'm going to buy a Catalina seaplane.

It's pretty amazing how Nerf technology has evolved:D
I want one of those big old Nerfs that has the auto settings...lol

And RC planes and cars? OK, my Peoria son still builds then and uses them all the time. Never outgrew them. He used to race them.

I want one of those big old Nerfs that has the auto settings...lol

And RC planes and cars? OK, my Peoria son still builds then and uses them all the time. Never outgrew them. He used to race them.
My former workshop was in a building that had a plastic ingection molding shop. Three generations there raced remote control glow airplanes. Tons of trophies and speed records.:) They are the inventors of the Grish Propeller for racing. And they are still very popular in the hobby.
Glow means gasoline powered engines.

Reactions: ozentity
My former workshop was in a building that had a plastic ingection molding shop. Three generations there raced remote control glow airplanes. Tons of trophies and speed records.:) They are the inventors of the Grish Propeller for racing. And they are still very popular in the hobby.
Glow means gasoline powered engines.
Very familiar with Glow. For 20 years my den was overtaken with RC planes hanging from the ceiling or in progress with parts being worked on spread around all over...lol The bigger deal was the RC car racing here. My son has all sorts of trophies and still at times races. He has a small mini track laid out in his yard for fun and practice. There is an inside track somewhere near him that he goes to that has competitions.

I would go bananas with all of the great superhero movies that are out lately.:) Plus there are a lot of paranormal and criminal mystery shows that are head and shoulders better than what we had in the late 70s early 80s.
Granted I have not seen any of the superhero movies or but a few cable TV paranormal shows, but if I was a kid I would be tuning in.
During 5th grade we were introduced to CS Lewis' Narnia series. Today I bet I would be a Harry Potter fan.
Today I seriously doubt that I would like OJ Simpson.;)
I've been going through all the Marvel TV and movie stuff in order over the last few years and it often hits me how much my mind would have been blown seeing this back when I was a kid! Even less known characters like Rocket Racoon are in it! I'm hacked off that Disney killed all the Netflix shows and have no confidence in what they are doing now, but at the moment I'm at 2017 and it's marvelous!