Pets in the bed...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

We have always allowed our pets to sleep with us. They even have a ramp to come up on the bed with ease. However, I often find myself hanging on to the edge because of our bed hogs!
And it's a king size bed! lol
Recent studies have shown people sleep better with a dog or cat in the bed.

So!
Do you allow your pets to share your bed?
Do they snore or hog the blankets?
If you don't currently have a pet, how do you feel about sharing space with one?

298426683_1079024986062421_7904985613352346467_n.jpg

Reactions: Paintman
I have a "pet in the bed" story, but Mrs Duke would have my ass if I told it publicly. I will say it involved the cold, wet nose of our beloved Shetland Sheepdog.

I have always had my pets sleep on my bed. When they don't, I really miss them! Tiny little Zoey can really hog blankets when she lays in the middle of the bed. When I am lying on my side, I don't notice, but when I get up for something, and then get back into bed, I realize that it is a struggle to pull the blankets up!

My parents dachshund hogs the bed as well as my friends dogs. When i was younger, our dog would sleep by the bed or by our door till she was let out. On nights i would crash on couch at my friends house, i would wake to their beagle (Coop) sleeping on my chest. Riley, he would instead barrel down the stairs and pounce on top of me letting me know it's biscuit time lol. There have been times though i would wake to find him flipping couch pillows at me or sleeping next to me on the couch. They are good boys.

I still have five dogs, three very old, they have to be inside for Winter. I'm nearly gassed to death at night from the old ones but at least they're warm. I don't allow them on the bed except a whippet pup I had that cried so much I let her on my bed for the first week. She stayed on there for 5 months, lol before graduating to the couch in my room. :rolleyes:

I have a "pet in the bed" story, but Mrs Duke would have my ass if I told it publicly. I will say it involved the cold, wet nose of our beloved Shetland Sheepdog.

OK, you can't drop that nugget and walk away, lol!

I was always a cat person until I married wife #2, my little man Isoroku slept at my side every night. Now it's my wife's Pug, who has never slept anywhere except "the big bed" since being brought home as a pup. She will sometimes curl-up behind or in front of one of us, but this last year her new favorite spot is on top of our pillows at the head of the bed.
It's a morning lottery. Will it be me, or my wife, who wakes up to Pug Butt, while the other gets that soft, cute snoring face...

I have never let a dog sleep in my bed since I was a kid. I have a cat that sleeps with me when she wants to. She likes to sleep at the foot of the bed on the side I don't sleep on, which is good. The dog has a big fluffy dog bed.

This has been the week for dogs. Not a bed story, but these guys were great. I had one little guy following me around i almost took him with me, but owner don't think would've gone with that lol. Today, the two dogs grabbed their toys and instantly wanted me to play lol. The little guy, when i was doing a bathroom remodel, he was talking up a storm in the basement cause owner thought he was bothering me. Poor little guy actually tried to sound words.