Pets in the bed...

Great tales everyone.
Shadow T Cat followed me around like a shadow for all of her 18 and 1/2 years. She even died on the day of the ultimate shadow - the total eclipse of the Sun.
She would always put me to bed at night and then go off and do whatever. But every morning at dawn she would wake me up and want to go out. Most of the time she would get me up pretty easy but other times she would resort to head-butting me into my ribs to flip over and wake up.
Sitting on my chest and meowing was always a good strategy until that day that I yawned , and she put her paw in my mouth.

Most memorable was when she was licking my eyelids to get me up and her outside.

We have always allowed our pets to sleep with us. They even have a ramp to come up on the bed with ease. However, I often find myself hanging on to the edge because of our bed hogs!
And it's a king size bed! lol
Recent studies have shown people sleep better with a dog or cat in the bed.

So!
Do you allow your pets to share your bed?
Do they snore or hog the blankets?
If you don't currently have a pet, how do you feel about sharing space with one?

View attachment 41947

Oh yes

Little Joe has made it his job to be in the bed when I wake up. Usually Hank Aaron and Little Joe are looking out the back at the sunrise over the lake. ( I saw it once and it looks really neat but that was enough for me ).
Anyway Little Joe likes to be there when I wake up. He is so friendly that it is a highlight of both of our days.
20201209_120221.jpg
One day I got up late and had to get my feet on the floor and get out of the house for work. Little Joe was too late getting to the bedroom. He saw me standing up and I swear he had a look of disappointment on his face.
So now I make sure that he is on the bed when I wake up even if I have to play possum for him to get there.
It's the little things !

I remember days when I had to get up for work and it was so hard to do, because an adorable cat was snuggled up on my feet.

Reactions: Lynne